CSL pellet questions...

T

Tony O'Dell 2

I have a friend who is a sheep farmer...so i have access to cheap animal feed if required...are the pellets he feads his sheep on CSL pellets....or would they be something else?

M

Mick Andrews

Yes they are sold as `ewe nuts' and only cost about ?5 for a 25 kilo sack if you can find a local supplier. The ewe nuts do contain csl, as it is an important digestive aid for ruminants. I think some of the ones sold as bait are glugged again in CSL to give em a bit of a boost (then sold on at 10 to 20 times the price!!!)

R

Ron Troversial Clay

CSL - Corn Steep Liquor is a products of the processing of maize. It has concentrated nutrients, both carbohydrate and protein.

One of the largest uses for CSL is in the field of biotecnology where for years, it has has been used as a substrate in the fermentation of antibiotics, amino acids and citric acid.

It is extremely cheap.

You can buy the stuff from maize processors at a ridiculously low price. I guess that's why some of the bait and pellet suppliers are making a fortune.

Food for thought. innit?

F

Frothey

?4.14 inc vat at my local supplier - he gets annoyed if you dont buy by the tonne!

C

Carp Angler

buy a pallet of 40 sacks (a tonne) and it goes down to about ?1.80 a sack.

CSL liquid is so cheap that farmers 'water' down molsasses with it, to make the molasses go further.

You average angler would still rather buy the one from 'XYZ baits'

M

Mick Andrews

Talking of CSL, does anyone know a convenient supplier in the North West where I can buy it by a gallon or so at a time. I can get mollasses easily enough, but all the CSL I can find has been further afield.

C

Carp Angler

the north west of where?
anything north west of Oxford doesn't exist does it?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

What about Wales, Scouserland, Ireland and Greenland?

M

Mick Andrews

Oh the wit. Very funny guys. Lancashire actually. Perhaps I should put this on the coarse board where there aint so many southern softies. ;-)

M

Mick Andrews

Hmm, I have read through a few other threads on here and see that the southern softie theme has been done to death already.

Doesn't help me find any CSL suppliers up north though...........

I expect the stuff down south is different anyway - weaker with a lemonade `top'.....

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Here you go

GLASSON GRAIN LTD
WEST QUAY
GLASSON DOCK
LANCASTER
LA2 ODB
graham.webster@glassongrain.co.uk

Tel:01524 752200
Fax: 01524 751603

He should be able to help.

Kin northern fiko's, want it on a plate dont they!

L

Les Clark

Southern softies with brains,and nice southern softies,and helpfull southern softies,shall I continue?