What about.

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

To put you in the picture, a TOF is a Traditionalist Old Fart.

Yes, why not.

Those of us who love the traditional values in angling, the close season, the fact that you only start pike fishing on 1st October, the 16th of June and tench, the 1st of April and trout, on the fly of course, and carp fishing using classic methods such as margin fishing, freelining, balanced bread crust and stalking.

Us TOFs should have a seperate section where we can all live in the past and spend time recalling the golden years of angling.

What about it Graham?

And Scouser Ed.

let's face it, both of you certainly qualify as TOFs.

C

Carp Angler

anyone entering the TOF section would have all access to all the other forums immediately removed for fear of annoying and irritating all the other 15,289 forum users

Hutch

Reaction score
You could call it Crabtree corner and maybe Graham could give you a free pair of zip up slippers so you can sit in comfort in your wing back chairs while writing posts starting with the words "It wasn't like that in my day......."

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

noooooo not a pair of zip up slippers ----

but one of those great big ones you put both feet in and a travelling rug for our knees

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Aye, and I certainly need it in this weather.

And it wasn't like that in my day.

jp

Reaction score
I know just the place for the TOFs, there's a rest home just down the road,can't guarantee you'll get our own slippers every day, or your own teeth in the mornings but what the hell, it'll give you something sort out until it's time for your pills.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can remember when us TOFs had a bit more respect from you younger louts.
Them were the days when we sat along side the lily pads twiddling our thumbs waiting for the quill to disapear. Bloody idle young swines you are today.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Bits of silver paper folded over the line for bite indicators....Mitchell 300's....'Confessions of a carpfisher'....split cane rods....making your own landing nets....by heck, it WAS like that in my day !!

F

Frothey

now you sit along side the lily pads twiddling your thumbs waiting for the quill to disapear whilst we're haulin them out down the other end....

C

Carp Angler

the fish are probably down the other end to get away from the overpowering stench of urine and mothballs.

L

Les Clark

Baz,they have no respect,I mean, when the quill went under,it put the sh*t up you,and sometime`s one would wake up.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Modern day anglers, not satisfied with one rod, or two, it's three your after, in my day it was one rod which were handed down from the lad next door, cos he started courtin. A tin o worms an a piece o bread, an we were away. Not like you spoiled little swines. We had it hard, we found our own fish and didn't depend on the weekly fishing paper to do half the work for us.

L

Les Clark

And it was greenheart 14ft long,heavy as tree log`s,horse hair line,and you had to make a apointment when you wanted to strike.
A 9inch centerpin handed down from your granddad,rusted up,and fit to crank up the forth bridge.
you girl`s don`t know your born.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

My first rod was made of tonkin cane with a greenheart top section ...and weighed a ton ..
(or should that be tonne)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was there such a rod made from Spanish reed?
I also think I had one like yours as well Ed. About 13 foot.