Two man bivvy

• Thread starter Stuart Bullard 3
  • Start date
S

Stuart Bullard 3

Now spring is approacing my son is getting on at me about starting our night fishing again.

I have had a brief hunt for a decent two man bivvy. My key requirement is that it must have a built in ground sheet and porch area.

HAs anyone got any recent experiences of makes and models. As its for us both, money isn't really an issue..................well it will be if my wife finds out!

Thanks.

W

William Spencer

hey up bod.i have the jrc defender extreme two man bivvy.it comes as you require with porch and built in groundsheet.i paid ?129 for mine last year.best benefit is that when me and my lad don't use it i can put it in the car and the whole family camp out in it.worth a look mate.davies angling are advertising it.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Cheers. ?129 seems very reasonable. Any other view out there?

L

Les Clark

Hi Stuart,have a look atF/M latest review`s,all sort`s there.

W

William Spencer

stuart,fosters of birmingham have too at the same price.

C

Carp Angler

Stu

do you want quick erect or a pole threading job?

Quick erect are generally a lot more expensive.

ladyp

Reaction score
try shakespeare ........ ive had mine for nearly 3 years now .......and it has a built-in ground sheet .......it cost me just over ?80

ladyp

Reaction score
by the way ..its a 2-man...... or in my case a 2 woman lol ........:-}

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Definitely the Shakespeare 2 man ---loads of room and a fair height (some of them are too low )

ladyp

Reaction score
they are ed....... just the right height for me lol........ only ikkle lol....:-}

S

Stuart Bullard 3

....only when you are in it Cakey!

Rik, I was planning on quick erect, based on the fact that my sessions are generally getting there only a few hours before sun down. However, I am not sure of the pro's and con's of each one.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I have just had a look at the reviews section. This made me laugh....

"The 4oz, polyester, tape sealed fly sheet is manufactured from PU coated sythentic Weatherweave fabric which achieves a hydrostatic head of over 3500mm. "

What a load of bollix. Does this mean its really waterproof?

F

Frothey

"Rik, I was planning on quick erect, based on the fact that my sessions are generally getting there only a few hours before sun down"

blimey, whats it made of? bricks and mortar?

S

Stuart Bullard 3

....with sauna and shower.

Well, lets say I have two hours, which is the most I get. At least 30mins or more having a stroll around, ideally an hour. After selecting a swim I would bait up (often last year I just spodded one area and fished one rod to it, with my other two on PVA bags).

Set the rods up (I rarely set them up before hand because I never know what I am going to do before hand - unless I have been lucky to get down there during the week). Cast and clip then mark the lines for night time casting.

Then I can get the bivvy up and organise myself (and my 9 year old son). Typically I am doing this as it is dusk time.

So yes Frothey, I reckon two hours is quite tight!

ladyp

Reaction score
cakey ....... no its not a qiuck erect unfortunetly .....but it doesnt take very long to put up tho ..... takes me bout half to three quaters of an hour to put up by myself....:-}

F

Frothey

the two woman model says it'll only take 5 mins, but ends up taking an hour and a half.....

T

Terry Comerford

The Shakespeare model is easy to put up, and I can recommend it to anyone who has erection problems.

C

Carp Angler

"takes me bout half to three quaters of an hour to put up by myself."
"?79.99 at Brentwood Angling."

Stu

The hydrostatic head is measured, I believe, by putting a pipe full of water on to the material and filling the pipe up to a certain height.
When the material starts to leak, that is the head height.
Most 4oz material has a head height of 3000mm and most 6oz has between 4500 and 6000.

does that make sense?