FM Trout Fish In

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

The FM trout fish in is to be held on Saturday 3rd April at the Press Manor fishery near Chesterfield.

This is a lovely Victorian small reservoir situated in the A632 on the Chesterfield Matlock road. I will post details of how to get there when I learn how to put a link to a map.

The resrvoir is well marked form the A632 and is on the road to Wingerworth.

More info will follow.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

For information about Press Manor go to Google and look up Press Manor Fisheries. The proprietor is Bernie Maher, an ex-Londoner who used to keep wicket for Derbyshire.

He spent some time playing cricket in South Africa by the way.

He will be delighted to meet us and have coffee ready in the Caravan on arrival. Meeting time is 9-am in the carp park.

Bernie in also a fully qualified casting instructor and will be delighted, as will myself in giving a few lessons,

Fishing rules are simple. De-barbed hooks, fly only and a nominal amount on the ticket if you want to take a fish or two home. The trout in this lake are mainly rainbows which get up to 8 lbs on occasions. There are also some very big browns and a few brooktrout.

Hoping to see as many of you as possible.

S

Shrek

Ron, can you put me down for it please and I will confirm by the end of the week.

This is just what I've been waiting for, hope I can make it, even if it does mean carrying the newborn in a papoose on my back !!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

No need to book. I have informed Bernie the owner to expect a few of us.

I have a little 4 foot weight 1 rod for the youngster.

S

Shrek

Thanks Ron, I'll see if that swings it for me and let you know soon.