new brollie

J

jim turner

im looking to get a good sized brollie which i can use my bed chair under it. i doubt il need a winter skin as i rarely night fish in bad conditions and if i do i can lower the brollie down? ive looked at the fox brollie, the badger overnighter and the 'oval plus' one. any experinces? im gonna be saving up over the next couple of months and am prepared to pay up to ?100 though if its good enough a bit over. jt.

ladyp

Reaction score
jim
ur better off getting a spaceman shelta.......they only cost about a tenner..... plus they got a ground-sheet fitted

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

Ive got the Fox Evolution Compact Brolly, it is very versatile, extremely stable and a doddle to put up, they cost about ?180. But they do a cheaper one called Classic Brolly at about ?100, check them out!!

L

Les Clark

jim,Ive got the oval plus by nash, about ?150 maybe less and the dogs b`s, get your kit and bedchair under,and dispite what you may hear,mine hasn`t leaked yet(3year`s old) but take`s a long time to dry out.

C

Carp Angler

I've also got the Nash oval plus.
About ?100 inc storm poles.
Waterproofed with Thompsons waterseal first and leak free.
Cracking shelter, loads of space, absolutely spot on for spring, summer and autumn.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
A mate of mine has the badger version and in all honesty you won't find a better shelter. It's at least as stable as My big Z and whilst it doesn't quite have as much cover underneath there is plenty enough room for a bedchair. Have been hearing very good things about the J.R.C version too.

Oscar The Grouch

Reaction score
I use the fox classic evolution. I would definately recommend it. It has the advantage of being lighter than a standard brolly and also doesnt have the central pole, that looms precariously above your stomach when you are lying on your bedchair!

kevin brooks

Reaction score
JRC STEALTH, i have used mine in some terrible weather and although i have the system (with zip in front panel) the brolly on its own is a brilliant bit of kit and it only costs ?89.00 and comes with good quality pegs and groundsheet.

M

michael rouse

JRC stealth is a fantastic .Its easy to put up and has lots of room.I dont nightfish but i always take mine when i go fishing.

C

Cakey

Ive also got the JRC stealth with zip in front panel and Ive also got the winter skin ........its the dogs watsits

S

Stuart Harvey

i just bought a stealth for ?60 with pegs, ground sheet and 2 storm poles. Takes a matter of mintues to put up. Bedchair fits in it snuggly.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
Cakey , i have been thinking of getting the winter skin but have a few questions ,does it fit over brolly ok , does it cut down the condensation and how small does it pack away?
As for the brolly i would honestly say it`s the best i have had (and i have had the nash and fox ovals in the past).
kev brooks