New dinghy

D

Deecy

My old fibreglass boat has finally given up the ghost, more filler than boat.I aim to replace it with a Sportyak or similar.An internet search has come up with a couple of places with ?199 being the best I can find.If anyone can assist I would be grateful.

S

si

you could pick up a 2nd hand cruiser for that in some marines in notts

S

si

yea.. if you dont mind cutting it into lots of small pieces replace your suspension with steel bars and then re asssembling it when you get there !!

i found the best way was to go round all the local marines the run down ones are the best for a bargain if you dont mind a second hand one you can give it a lick of paint

M

Mick Andrews

I've borrowed a Sportyak a few times whilst in France. They are very compact and light and can easily be put on a roofrack. They are fine for dropping bait out etc but are very unstable and don't have a transom fitted. I would be wary trying to land fish from one as they lurch badly when you lean one way or the other. If you can afford it the larger version, Bic 252 I think , are very good and very stable, but they are twice the price at ?399, the odd one comes up secondhand for a lot less.

Have a look at ebay or boatsandoutboards.com, quite a few good secondhand dinghies come up on there. Tackle box do the Sportyak new at ?199 as well.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Guildford Marine do them as do the Tackle Box. Brilliant boats.

N

Nick Austin 2

yup... i had a sportyak years ago (before i was fishing), and it was excellent little boat, you can pick up old outboards in the freeads for about $50 too!..