What a lovely pair !

• Thread starter Andy "the Dog" Nellist
  • Start date
A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Well done Dave, they look superb, a right result.

How you are feeling better soon.

B

Bill Eborn

Deeply jealous Dave

I've not been able to get out as much myself lately although this relates to the health of my cheap nasty pink bike and the railways rather than mine. I sincerely hope you are able to get out a bit and enjoy a good end of the season especially as the forecast all seem so promising.

Interesting point about the chub shoaling up - a large penny dropped for me at that point which will seriously change the way I approach my fishing this weekend.

All the very best

Bill

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Congrats on your 'brace'
Cracking fish Dave ---

Feel better soon.......

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Hey Dave,
Well done mate... Missed you at the Chub Study group AGM in Hereford - Hope you got your Trophy from Dave Ivey. Also hope you are feeling A-1 soon. My fishing has also been "curtailed" for ages due to a health problem (we're all cracking up you know!), but I did wet a line at the weekend and again yesterday. No biggies (a 4-4 last night), but it was great to be out again. Tight lines for next week.
Spawny

D

Dave Slater

Thanks Guys,
I didn't fish yesterday as I wasn't feeling too good. I am hoping to get out for a couple of hours later today if I feel up to it.
Trev,
We had a mini Wessex get together on Wednesday evening and Charlie presented me with the trophy. It was nice to receive it again. The three times I have received the trophy have all been from fifferent venues, Hampshire Avon 1996, Stillwater 2000 and now Dorset Stour 2003. Hopefully an Ouse one to join add to the list one day? As well as the local guys a few visiting anglers were there, Fred Sykes, Chris Smith, Duncan Kellett etc. John Searl took some photos. Matt Hayes also turned up with Stuart Allum. He is rejoining the group and if I get out with Bill this afternoon we may fish with Matt and Stuart.

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
Excellent Dave,
Glad Matt is contemplating rejoining the Group. I know he's a busy man nowadays, but it would be good to meet up again.
Trev

A

Albert Watkinson 2

historic double dave.as they say not many of them in a pound.get well soon.
albert

B

Bill Eborn

Dave
I wrote earlier that after reading about your capture of these two superb fish and your adoption of the maggot feeder approach in response to the chub shoaling up, that a penny dropped. I had a great day yesterday and whilst a trio of fish around the three mark and a pushing two may not measure up to a brace of sixes, but for the Adur (and me!) it was a right result.

I was float fishing rather than using a feeder but the principle was the same - many thanks

Bill

D

Dave Slater

Glad you did well Bill. Hope you catch a few more before the end of the season. Pretty hard going down here at the moment with the rivers so low and clear bur managed to sneak out a couple of fours on bread this morning from a stretch with not many fish present. The more popular stretches are being hammered.

jp

Reaction score
Dave if you're fishing the Stour I'd suggest you have a go on the Avon,it's fishing well for me at the moment.I've had three sixes and four fives in the last two weeks plus a few smaller ones, all on bread flake.

D

Dave Slater

Thanks John. I will bear that in mind. Pleased you are catching some good fish.

jp

Reaction score
The lower river only started to drop about a week back Dave. I should also add that I've not even seen ten other anglers since the end of October, and I've been out at least twice a week.

J

John Hepworth

Congratulations Dave,good that you are out again.
Looking in on Fishingmagic is the only way I am going to see a big chub this season, although if we beleive Angling Times my local river has produced two at 7-02 this last couple of weeks.I spoke to one of the anglers who said he did weigh his fish, but couldn't remember what type of scales he used.

If you are interested Dave, a few of the lads are asking if I could organize a mini get to-gether on the Wear mid October,gives you plenty of time to get your passport up to-date.

J

John Hepworth

You never did say how you received the knock on your head Dave. Was the late night fishing excuse wearing a bit thin?
My wife has always maintaned that the CSG is just a cover for a bunch of perverts. Mind you, after she met Dave Gamble she has good grounds to think so, especially after him walking across her newly fitted
WHITE carpet in his muddy boots. Not the best way to get on with my wife. After 8 years I still get that thrown back at me whenever the CSG is mentioned - but the Group wouldn't be the same without him, bless his(smelly) little cotton socks.

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
... and because Dave Gamble rides a motorbike to his fishing venues, he often pops into a supermarket on his way home for some more cheese... He obviously can't leave his muddy boots, chair, and tackle outside in case someione nicks them, so he carries them around the shop with him!!! The staff must have a fit. His waitcoat is only held together by festering cheesepaste too. There's only one Dave Gamble as you say, but what a great bloke he is!

"Spawny"

D

Dave Slater

Dave Gamble has set new personal bests this season. 5lb 6oz whilst on the phone, beating his previous on the phone p.b. of 4lb 14oz. His other new personal best is 5lb 4oz in the nude, and that was at night in November. What a revolting thought. The great man is truly a legend. I hope the nude p.b. wasn't set on your wife's white carpet John!

J

John Hepworth

Did I hear somewhere he (DG) is now "on-line" Just hope he never gets a digital camera, the www community isn't ready for that just yet.
The CSG subs are worth every penny just be in the same room as this great man.

Trevor Sawyer

Reaction score
... I did hear that Dave "Three Mobiles" Gamble, was potentially going to buy another phone with a camera facility. I doubt whether any other group members have one, so who would he send the snap of his PB "Phone-caught" chub to I wonder.
Spawny

D

Dave Slater

Ian Nairn has one Trev. He can now be "Gambled" in living colour.