Langdale Lakes, Langworth

• Thread starter Sir Steven Blanksalot
  • Start date
S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

Has anyone fished Langdale Lakes in Langworth, Lincolnshire. Just been and had a look and had a chat with the bailiff. It seems a nice place with plenty of carp to go at.

Hopefully gonna fish it in a couple of weeks so any help will be great!!

Reaction score
hi i fished it on friday mostly for tench.
its a nice lake lots of fish showing, i would reccomend using the usual early season baits(corn/maggot/worm/meat) and feed pellet, worked very well for me
hope u catch let us know how u get on as im planning to go back next week

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I think Richard Wilson had thoughts on a Fish In being held on there sometime this year.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Thats right Baz i did, but due to a few local issues with the club lakes and other things i have not got round to organising anything. I have not been myself yet this year. Sir Steven, the carp lake has a good head of carp in, up to 22lb, that was the biggest last year from Lilly lake, its a hard lake, sometimes the carp seem to want it, other times they dont. Take no notice of Joe the bailiff, he will tell you anything. I cant really tell you what is the best bait to use, i suggest have a look in the log and see whats caught that week. I have fished it for 6 or 7 years now, last year being my most productive. When are you going? im ready for a trip over soon, i spoke to the owner on tuesday.

ingy

Reaction score
have been a few times the overflow pipes used to be a good place to fish but its a nice place and if you et bored nip across the road thge the railway pub sorted used to do great fish and chips

Reaction score
well im going again this friday, will target the carp i think this time.i will report back with any help i can give(providing i catch!)
if anyone gets out before i do then please post any advice as it would be very helpfull, best of luck!!

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

3 YEARS TO GET AN ANSWER - AWESOME!

I fished Langdale exclusively through 2004/5 and had lots of carp up to 19lb 12oz. Only ever fished the main carp lake (with the islands).

I heard that Steve had sold it just after I stopped going, is this true? Who owns it now?

Anyone want any advice then just ask!

Steve

Here are a couple of pictures from Langdale that I took!

Picture 1

Picture 2

Reaction score
lmao mate, didnt realise the date of your post!
yeh i think the fishery has changed hands now i believe a couple called tony and linda own it now, nice bloke very helpful
there is a web site now www.langdalelakes.co.uk
any advice on baits and tactics would be great sir steve and every one else!, i live quite close to the venue(wasingborough,just outside lincoln) so i am planning to fish the place alot this year.did you ever get any of the cats or wildy's out? would love to catch some of those! i have bin fishing for a few years but would still call myself a novice so any advice would be fantastic
thanx in advance

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

Firstly, CATS. I wouldnt believe the rumours about them, all the regulars who have been going for years will tell you there arent any. I think the previous owner liked to tell people it had cats to give the place a little mystery!

Tactics, I caught most of my fish on popped up plastic corn or small piles of pellets with a trimmed boilie over the top.

You will sruggle to get any fish during the daytime, come 9pm and everything starts livening up! Let us know how you get on!

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi m8 fished it alot two years ago had a nice mirror 21b i watched both lakes netted in november 2005 was a little bit disapointed with the stock please let me know how you got on thanks

S

stephen cotton

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone know if there's any decent snigs in the water, accidental captures etc?

Cheers for any info.