HELP

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
Is this program harmful to my computer if so how do i remove it

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply alan but as a newcomer to computers im not that gend up.
Would it be easier to uninstall it from start up where it asks if you want to remove it

alan strickland

Reaction score
Removal
There is an uninstall feature for nCase, but it is a bit of a bad joke. You have to go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, choose 'Insterstitial ad delivery by n-Case', click 'Remove', confirm you are connected to the internet and download the uninstaller EXE. (This only works if Active Scripting in Internet Explorer is set to 'Enable', not 'Disable' or 'Prompt'.)

Run the uninstaller (which will again ask for internet access) and then do the whole lot over again for the entry 'PAD lookups by n-Case'. And it still sometimes doesn't work, for unknown reasons.

To add injury to insult, this method does not remove the installer control, so if you had the nCase/Inst variant, any web page will be able to re-install nCase without any prompting.

You may find it easier to remove by hand.

Manual removal
Open the registry (click 'Start', choose 'Run' and enter 'regedit'), find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, right-click the entry 'msbb' inside it, and click 'Delete'.

To delete nCase/Alert, also check for a randomly-named entry three or more letters long, pointing to a .EXE of the same name in the Windows folder. Delete this entry and the file it points to. Alternatively, wait for the next restart and it should prompt to you reinstall or remove itself.

Restart the computer and you should be able to delete the 'nCase' folder inside Program Files. In older versions without an 'nCase' folder, look in the System folder (inside the Windows folder; called 'System32' under Windows NT, 2000 and XP, or just 'System' on Windows 95, 98 and Me), and delete msbb.exe.

To clean up, you can also delete the registry keys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\nCASE, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\msbb and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\180solutions.

To delete nCase/Inst, if you have the nCase/Inst variant, open the Downloaded Program Files folder inside the Windows folder, right-click the 'nCaseInstaller Class' entry and choose 'Remove'.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

As a matter of interest --What is nCase ???

alan strickland

Reaction score
its a small programme that gets into your internet explorer settings.it then takes over your homepage and search settings replacing your homepage/search with there own (huge search,nCASE there are lots of differnt ones)
It also creates an exe file so even if you remove it and replace your homepage ect the next time you switch on your pc unless youve found the exe and removed it the file installs itself again on every boot up.

http://www.doxdesk.com

this website has lots of info and programmes to download that will safly remove most of these internet parasites.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Another very good programme is
LAVASOFT AD-AWARE
do a search and down load it (it free i think)It does a scan of your hard drive and listd all the dodgy things it finds and then lets you remove them.

When your infected with one of these spyware/parasites when you do a search ect it will lead to one of there dodgy sites,and info you put into your pc can be in some cases passed onto them.Its well worth making sure your clean of them a bit like anti virus software.

T

Twainy

I use spyware nuker.
Small one off payment of about ?10 then it upgrades on a regular basis.
It removes the exe. programs which is handy.

Tim Rogers

Reaction score
spybot has sorted me out without any problems, i strongly recomend this to anybody