NEW SITE LAYOUT

M

Maria Thomas

Hi everyone, we've just completed the transfer onto the new site layout, which should make articles and other parts of the site easier to find.

I'll put up a full explanation from Graham in the morning (he'll be out fishing) meanwhile let us know on this thread if you see something that's not right. Hopefully you shouldn't!

And a big thanks to all the rest of the team who've been working on this.

Cheers,

Maria

FM team

B

Bristol Piker

Hi Maria

Typical of that Graham....mess around with the site then bugger off fishing leaving the ladies to take the can if anything goes wrong :) .......seriously.....looks good so far and certainly some things seem easier to find.
Might take a few days to get used to the new layout though.

Regards
John

M

Maria Thomas

Well I have to confess for being responsible for my own messing, so if it doesn't work, mea culpa.

It's a bit of a shock to the system at first isn't it? Hopefully you'll get used to navigating it reasonably quickly.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yawn, I'm off to bed!

Maria

Hutch

Reaction score
Maria, i think you have done a great job, navigating around the site is much easier and i 've found a few things that i have not seen before, i can't find Grahams digital diary though.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Maria
Nice job just one thing, you've forgot the thread search facility. It took me over an hour last week to find a thread I was looking for manually.

This facility would be most helpful and appreciated by many, as there are many thread questions asking where it’s gone, when’s it coming back, etc. I know because I came across them when I was looking for the thread I wanted.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Maria,

Started a forum thread about my article on Go Fishing, published yesterday; then the article disappeared? Apart from that it just takes a bit of getting used to.

G

Geoff Cowen

A bit confusing first thing in the morning but once I woke up, great.

M

Maria Thomas

Hi Mark,

I don't know what happened there, I've just re-submitted it wihtout changing anything and it's showing up fine now in the 'what's new' section of tackle.

Phil, we haven't forgotten the forum search, it's still being worked on. One of the problems is that to get the new search up and running we have to index all the site pages, but there are so many of them now that doing this when people are using the site crashes it. We're just trying to find a way round that.

Hutch, the digital diary is going to take up its place in the 'diaries and stories' section, but we have to copy them all over, which should happen through next week.

Hope that's addressed everything! Any more qs just ask.

D

Dave Slater

Hi Maria,

I didn't like it much when I first looked but I think it is great once you get used to it.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

C

Carp Angler

seems good, lots of sub catergories, so several ways to find the same thing.

Hopefully, not too much will get lost to the archives and it will stay live and constant.

Excellent job.

Get working on that forum search, chop chop......

J

John Hepworth

Looks good,and is easy to navigate, but.....
I now get a flashing message box coming up although I have popup stopper. When clicked to read, it's an advert for Disneyland.

B

Bristol Piker

Every time I access the link to Angling Direct I get the "This program has performed an illegal operation" message pop up and my internet link closes down. Never had this problem using this link before so not sure if it's happening from this site or for other reasons so just thought I'd mention it.

C

Carp Angler

if it's the link on the left in the 'shopping partners', then it's working ok for me.

must be a 'west country' thing......

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Mine on the right is ok too.

Rik, less fannying around on here and get them spools loaded up.
57?F 54?F 59?F 59?F 60?F
Oooooooooooooo soooooooo nice!!!!!

L

Les Clark

John,just tryed it on the left,under shopping partner`s,fine no problem`s,can`t find it on the right?.

P

Paul Scattergood

Still the best all round fishing site on the net. Keep up the good work.

Paul.