Carp In Spain

D

Dan Sales

There must a few of you carp nutts who have tried your hand at Spanish carping out there. I'm looking for some big carp,anything over 20lb would be nice and i really don't know where to start. I'm fishing the Ebro virtually daily and I've had fish to 22lbs but mostly little fellas at around the 5 to 8lb mark. Any info would be really appreciated as i need to get away from this cat fishing !!! Not that i'm complaining =)
Cheers,
Dan.Sales of www.geocities.com/fishytales_esp (catfishing site)

J

john roche

I want to wish to fish for carp in Spain and have more of a problem than you. I have not fished for years and never for carp. I cannot stand the weather in Britain, health wise and I cross the Ebro often and look longingly. (I used to look like that at women but I'm too old now, or so I'm told). I met a chap in Alicante Airport a few years ago and he told me of a lake where he had camped and fished and there was a map with the locations of different species. Unfortunately it was two or three years ago I spoke to him and I have forgotten the name of the lake or area, he lived in Calpe. I must say the river looks very big and somewhat daunting try searching a site called ebro day. I'll check it out and get you the correct address.

D

Dan Sales

John,
Thanks for the site, i'll take a look at it soon. I have found a local carp expert who i will be fishing with for the next 3 days solid so hopefully he'll be able to showme a thing or two. If you would like to fish the Ebro for Carp please let me know and i will put you intouch with Gary.

Tight lines,
Dan.Sales
www.geocities.com/fishytales_esp