Tackle Fair

R

Richard Drayson

Fellas, just a reminder that there will be a Tackle Fair in Romsey, Hants this forthcoming Sunday.
Only a quid to get in, free parking, refreshments. Venue: Romsey Community School. Time: 09.00-15.00

Hope to see some of you there.

R

Richard Drayson

Peter, Sunday March 21st. But there should be another in September.

Mark, hope to see you there. I'll probably get there for 9.30-10.00.

R

Richard Drayson

Alan, there's usually some sea gear there but most if it is coarse or game tackle.
Plenty of books though, including sea fishing.

D

Dave Slater

I will try and come along if I am feeling ok. I have been feeling a bit better the last few days so may well be there.

jp

Reaction score
I'll probably be there, arriving about 10.00 - 10.30.

R

Richard Drayson

Sorry to hear that you'll be missing this one Peter. Is there anything you'd want me to look out for in particular? You never know, I might be able to nab you a bargain.

Dave, John, Mark, Alan, hope to see you there.

R

Richard Drayson

Arrived early but didn't see any FM members there. For the first time ever I didn't buy anything at the fair.
Most of the stuff was either junk or good quality second-hand but with silly prices.
John Bailey's book on roach was marked at ?80, Abu 506's from ?30, cane rods were marked up at silly money.

Fantastic cased barbel weighing 15lb 2oz I think, an Avon fish caught in 1992. Didn't bother asking the price of that, but there was also a cased pike of around 10lbs - an ugly looking fish that was going for ?110.

Peter, I don't think you missed much.

jp

Reaction score
I've just got back, managed to keep my money in my pocket, although I was tempted by a 5.5" Trudex for ?70.

That pike was only fit for the bin.

I've seen John Baileys Roach book for ?120, Richard so it might have been a bargain.

alan

Reaction score
went at about 12, nothing there that i found intersting except a spinning rod they wanted to much for

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'd have forked over that asking price for John Bailey's Roach book too John.

The next fair is in September, right?
Anyone know the date so I can put it into the diary?

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Try e-bay for Bailey's book chaps - I've seen it go for cheaper than ?80.00 I'm sure.

It seems the days of getting vintage tackle at low prices have largely gone.

jp

Reaction score
There is a second edition due out in June this year, ?16.99.

Cheapest I can find at the moment is ?65 on Coch-y-bonddu.

R

Richard Drayson

A second edition of Bailey's book on roach?
Great news, I'll wait until June then.

Peter, yes there is a tackle fair every six months so the next should be in Sept.

I very much doubt if a date will have been fixed for this yet but you could contact Mr Draper, email: sdraper@lineone.net
He organises the tackle fair.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Richard,

Thanks, as you know I have been missing this event for a couple of years due to my job.

I will definitely, come hell or high water, make it for the next one.