CARP RODS UNDER?70

B

Brick-Top

Go for a Fox rod, they put together a nice rod and i DO like things put together well.

I dont like being messed about, not had a problem with them.

M

Mark Morton

i agree , i bought two fox warriors last year and they are really good, about 50 quid each

F

Frothey

look for a second hand "proper" rod?

nash hooliguns are fairly good for the money

M

michael rouse

If you want to spend a little more then look at the Greys Prodidgy carp rods.They are fantastic rods.

J

jason fisher

they were doing the nash pursuit 13' 3lb rods for 90 quid at the nec fishing thingy the other week shame i was skint i'd have had myself another pike rod.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Fox rangemasters are hard to beat for the money, you can pick them up for less than 70.00 if you shop about.

B

Brick-Top

So what is a 'proper' rod then. Is there a point here i am potentially missing?

I like the Range Masters too, i've hit 160 yards with those.

B

Bill Cox

Go for the best rod you can aford in your price range.All the rods mentioned above and a whole host of others priced between 50-70 squids will do the job well enough.Fishing with an xflite or any other "top flight" (proper)rod will not catch you any more fish .However some of the really low priced rods although up to a few trips probably won,t make it to the next season.Stick to anything in the above price range that you have read about on here and you won,t go far wrong.

F

Frothey

maybe try a more subtle approach? such as

IM TRYING TO SELL SOME FLIPPIN RODS

B

Bill Cox

Just out of interest Cakey what make and size of rods are we talking about ? I need a couple more rods for my french trip.

M

michael rouse

160 yards is a long cast.I can probably just reach that with a 4oz lead and 20 lb line on a multiplyer.

B

Brick-Top

Trust me Rousey, its all in the stance and angle of attack. Dont piss about being a pansy you really got to give it some welly. Was taught be a great beachcaster so that helps too.