sweetcorn

jma46

Reaction score
hi could someone point me in the right direction on the preparation and the best way to use liquidise sweetcorn as feed when useing the pole and if this is a good method ill be fishing a mixed fishery with a good head of carp and bream etc cheers

B

Brick-Top

Slop it in using a pole cup and you wont go far wrong son, OK.

shot_a_rye

Reaction score
Hi Gary, we are using canned sweet corn here in Toronto Canada fishing for Carp. Had success the last couple weeks with Carp weighing in at between 20-30 lbs.each. The sweet corn is also good for catfish.
Regards from Canada

Keith Ashby 2

Reaction score
one tip i can give is if fishing the pole,slop it in as described above but on the hook push out the kernal and just hook the shell.It gives a nice slow drop and fools some wary fish.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the mysterious 'white sweetcorn' and if it does exist, as I have been told from the 'very top' it does, where do you get it?

Has anyone used white corn and caught on it?

Am I barking up the 'wrong kernel'?

shot_a_rye

Reaction score
In Canada there is a variety of sweet corn called "peaches and cream" that is very light in colour. I am not sure if this variety is available in Briton.

C

Carp Angler

Isn't "peaches and cream" already liquidised in the can ?

shot_a_rye

Reaction score
No, The kernels are whole and we place them on the hair rig and hook.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
One thing Ive started using is the canned nini corns you know the baby corn you put in stir fry...about one inch long and covered in tiny kernels .....have picked up some large fish by swapping to baby corn for the odd cast.......also takes a flavour well as the centre of the corn soaks it up...

J

jason fisher

i was once told that corn on the cob was a totally different thing to tinned sweetcorn.
by the fisheries manager at orchid lakes in oxfordshire and that he had had to ban someone from the lake because in his words i quote " the iddiot had been using lumps of corn on the cob he thought it was sweetcorn".

when i replied that i also thought corn on the cob was the same stuff i was met with derision surprisingly that was the last time i visited that fishery.

there were other reasons that i wont go into.