DEFRA Cormorant Seminar Report.

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

From this months Coarse Angling To-day(slightly paraphrased):

"DEFRA have released a bound report of their Cormorant Seminar, held at Bristol on 8/9/03.The Seminar provided an update on the latest findings from the the DEFRA funded research into fish refuges;an outline of the role & progress of the Moran Committee Bird Group;an overview of the recent EU-funded REDCAFE programme(??);details of the EA's Fishery Action Plan process & how this relates to Cormorant issues"

Copies can be obtained from Jamie Harwood at DEFRA on 0117 3738746 or by e-mail on jamie.harwood@defra.gsi.gov.uk

There doesn't appear to be a charge.

It might make a bit of interesting reading!!

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Nigel,

I wasn't aware that DEFRA had released their 'August Seminar' report, and in my position I should be, so I am deeply indebted to you for posting the details of availability on FM.

I will obtain a copy forthwith and post anything of interest I can find and how we can act as anglers ...... and perhaps how our 'Governing Bodies' can act upon. (Don't start laughing too loudly now!!)

Many thanks as I am always interested in anything I can get my grubby little hands on pertaining to the cormorant debate!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

No problems Matthew - not sure why it took 8 months to issue, but we should be thankful for small mercies I suppose!