Korda DVD

M

Mark Birchall 3

Hi All.

Have not been on the site for a while now hope all is weel with everyone.
Has anyone seen the Korda DVD that was filmed at Carp socitey's Horseshoe lake. If so what did you think, Im not a carp angler as such like to keep my hand in most fishing experdtions but i was very supprised to see what goes on under the merky depts of our chossen venues.

F

Frothey

seen it...tench anglers will definately find it interesting, opens your eyes to what actually goes on, but it wouldnt really change my fishing too much, maybe a tweak here and there. tench would get away with it all the time (unless he specifically targetted them) whereas carp were in and hooked. but then i dont use pop ups much.....

C

Carp Angler

after the discussion on here previously about this and peoples immediate reaction to stop using pop-ups, I find it incredulous and I must have watched a different DVD, because it showed absolutely nothing startling that would mean me changing the way I fish.

I now will have total confidence that my lead and leadcore is totally camoflagued, I don't use soft braided hooklinks, so don't have any issues with the tench picking and dropping them and leaving them in a tangle.

Every carp that tasted the hookbait was hooked, what does that tell you?

One day he couldn't catch tench on a single grain and a size 10 hook, the next day he hooked them on a saingle grain and a size 2....

What does that tell you?

F

Frothey

actually rik, it'd only stop me using popups if i fished for tench! like you and i both said, every carp was nailed. it was a size 1 longshank with the tench wasn't it? just proves that if you put food in front of a feeding fish....

i've said before, i've fished horseshoe a couple of times and the tench were a total pain at times, using double 18mm's at times. thank god most of them were dropping it!

C

Carp Angler

yes, it possibly was a longshank size 1, but I wasn't really interested in the tench, when I tench fish, then I'm scaled down anyway and much prefer to catch them on the float.
I was interested in the carp and it basically just confirmed most of the things that I'd seen previously.

F

Frothey

the other thing was they missed two out of the three carp takes...

G

Good Old Boy

I admit guys that im not a carp fisherman as such and must also admit that some of the rigs that are used you have to give credit to but would it be that the pop up baits were affected by the type of bottom that the swim had or the depth of water they were fishing in, I did here it was 3 ft in depth or something like that possibly, Apoligises for the lack of knowledge on this ; ).
None the less still a good four hours viewing i thought.

Golden Balls 2

Reaction score
I think it would have been abit different if it was filmed in the middle of the season rather than closed season.
there bringin another one out are'nt they, but apperantly they have left something off it which will change peoples fishing, but they left it off because there in the bcac and think they have got a massive edge.
Whether this is true or not i dont no.

Gary Smith 4

Reaction score
Hi all
I finally got to watch the Korda DVD yesterday and it changed the whole way i have been looking at carp fishing.
i think it is one of the best carp fishing DVDs i have ever seen and cant wait till they bring out part 2.

C

Carp Angler

explain please Gary, what did the video contain that changes the whole way you look at carp fishing?

D

Deecy

Rik you have had a pop before about people wasting money on books or videos.Just bear in mind that not everyone has the advantage of your greater skill in the art and we all started somewhere.So how you learn depends a lot on where you are to begin with.Someone brand new to the sport would I believe learn a great deal from the DVD.Did you never read books? DVDs are those books in todays world.
I have seen the DVD which incidentally is far superior to the video in quality of picture terms.It has it's downsides, such as as a psuedo scientific exercise it was poor.Were takes quicker when pop ups and big hooks were discarded, we assume so but to what degree.As in most things the second attempt should be much better as this one was very limited in that the reaction over clean gravel was covered.Maybe the next few will take in other aspects of Carping.
I think Danny Fairbrass is an innovative businessman who often leads the way and good luck to him.

F

Frothey

i think what he's getting at is why change your entire approach on the basis of 1 dvd? especially if your catching your share.

C

Carp Angler

Dave, who's having a pop?
I'd agree with Gary that it's the best fishing DVD/video that I've ever seen and I also can't wait for part 2, I was merely asking what he saw in it that is going to make him change his whole approach to carping.

People will take from it what they will, but I didn't see anything in it that will alter the way I fish for carp.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
If you are catching fish on a particular bait/method then why change anything on the basis of 1 dvd ??

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Never seen it....although I may now just for learning more about the tench!

My only comment is that reading/watching something that means you stay "as is" can be just as valuable. ie confirming your approach is valid.

Businesses spend billions a year on trumped up consultants who tell them what they know already !!!

N

Nick Austin 2

I got it at the weekend, and was quiet impressed, the underwater footage is great to watch.
I dont think it will change my fishing much though!. apart from maybe thinking a little more about what the line behind the lead is doing?... ie, is it resting on a weed bed etc...
Interesting to see how much movement can take place around our hookbaits without any indication at the rod end!.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Watched it yesterday. Some intresting observations made but I thought it was a little drawn out. But well worth watching and part 2 should be intresting.