Sport Relief Midsummer Megamatch

alan strickland

Reaction score
Anyone got any plans to fish this event?

If nothing else that time of year would be nice for a FM Tench fish-in.Nice lake somewhere central to the people intrested.
Few good fish a couple of beer`s and a dip into the pockets for sport relief.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Alan, why don't you arrange the event? FM will give you all the support it possibly can regarding publicity and promotion.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Ok Graham i`ll see what sort of interest we get on this thread and go from there.

No fixed detail`s i picked the weekend of 19th-20th June as it`s the closest to the Sport Releif`s main day the 21st June, This being a monday i thought there would be a better responce to a weekend.But seeing as this is the 1st weekend after the rivers open its possible we can move it to suit the free days of the anglers who are going to attend.

Venue is open to suggestion lake,river,pit ect,this can be worked out when we know who is interested and there location`s.

Money can be raised in lot`s of way`s but i think a donation made on the day and maybe a raffle if we can get any goodies donated would suit most of the anglers ive met from the website. Again the best way of raising fund`s can be worked out on the forum as we have plenty of time to arrange the event.

Look`s to me like a very good way of raising fund`s for the charity and getting angling a good name in the media for a change.

Anyone intrested in taking part please add your name and any suggestion`s to venue,dates ect to this thread.

alan

P

Phil Hatton

Sounds good to me Alan, if the venue is fairly central.

Scott Keenan

Reaction score
Alan,

Let myself or Graham know if you need any prizes organised for a raffle, depends on what you are after but should be able get something decent from one of the manufacturers, ie: realtree jacket or rod or reel from someone.....

Cheers

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
alan,
Even if I don't make the day, I will send a small donation off to you.

Doug Butler

Reaction score
That sounds good to me if it isn"t too far.
What about Baden Hall just a few minutes from the M6 Junctions 14 and 15 at Eccleshall Stafordshire.
Have a look at www.badenhall.com.

P

Phil Hatton

Doug,
had a look at badenhall.com. Looks OK, do you have a contact there. I was thinking the big lake looks favourite for tench but they don't allow matches.

Doug Butler

Reaction score
Phil
I dont have a contact there I just fish there sometimes, but there is alot of match water at baden, with good fish I didnt no it was a tench match.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Thank`s for your reply`s everyone

Doug/Phil
At the moment i think it would be best to class the event as a fish-in between freind`s with a donation made on the day..
Most of the anglers ive met here on the website are specimen or pleasure anglers so a match might put some people off.
Saying that if people want to fish a match during the day between themselves it wont be a problem.

Tench was only a suggestion as its a fish alot of anglers target in june,id like the day to be enjoyed for the fishing aswell as the fund raising so any species as long its in a nice setting and not in a carp puddle would suit me.
Crucian,Barbel,Rudd ect are all open to suggestion but i think a water with quality not quantity is what where looking for.

Getting a few names now and i think somwhere in the Midlands is looking like a good location for the venue but this can be moved north or south depending on where anglers are going to travel from.Baz im sure if we get a few of us from up north we can car pool to get us down.

Scott/Graham
Thankyou for offering to try and get prizes donated,Im looking into if an online raffle is possible so we get the best responce and that the people who cant attend on the day can still get involved.

Now we have the Midlands as a suggested area for the fish-in can the anglers of that area start putting foward venues that would suit our need`s.

Anyone who would like to help in getting this fish-in arranged please feel free to do so,I will need help in contacting venue owners ect as ive not arranged anything other than my own fishing before.

T

Terry Comerford

Alan, have a look at Meadowlands,Ryton-on-Dunsmore Nr Coventry,(See Where to Fish section) good central location, near M6, M42, M40, M1.
The large Lambsdown Lake (14 acres)throws up 100lb+ bags of Tench in the summer, including specimens to 8lb.
Carp to 30lb, chub to 7lb, bream to 10lb, roach to 2lb and perch to 4lb.
0121 603 0127.

P

Phil Hatton

Sorry, I must of misread this.
Like you say the important thing is to have a good day out and raise a few quid. I've long since stopped competitive fishing and I agree that it can be off-putting to some if there is that pressure to perform, however slight.

Doug Butler

Reaction score
Alan I have a contact at Osan who market the Pringle thermal range I am hoping to get some to give away maybe as prizes on the match day or in a raffle.

S

Shrek

BW Makins is also worth a try. They have 8 lakes I think and regularly host matches. Here's a link to information on their complex Makins