Centre Pin

B

Brick-Top

My mate uses one of these when we go out sometimes and to me it seems a complete waste of time. It p***'s me off no end with the bloody noise it makes and he is forever fannying around with it, most times getting tangle's but always says it better for fishing the river. I use me old closed face Adu and its been bang on for years. I think these centre pins things should be banned, no place in my tackle box and they always seem to cause grief.

jp

Reaction score
What's the matter Brickhead, won't the carpers bite any more?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

If you do not possess the skill to use one, don't knock them Brick Head, sorry top.

I often use a centre-pin to good effect, and so do many of my friends.

They have never caused me any grief.

B

Brick-Top

I tried using it and all that EVER happened was the poxy line kept wrapping round the tip when i cast it out. And they do make a horrible noise glad not many have them cause i would need ear muffs sitting next to somebody with one of them all day.

jp

Reaction score
I use six of them at various times Brick-top, for trotting and legering.

They only make a noise if you don't turn off the ratchet.

Not sure how you managed to wrap line around the tip, that's a new one on me.

B

Brick-Top

I think its cause i try and sort out laying the line on the floor before chucking it out and am looking at that rather that the cast. Anyhow, they would look stupid on a pod for carping and i here that people actually use them for carp, how unfair is that.

jp

Reaction score
Unfair?

Caught loads of carp using a pin, don't have a pod.

There are better ways of casting than yours.

B

Brick-Top

I think its unfair cause you have no control with those silly little reels, you cant gain line nowhere quick enough compared to a normall reel and this could effect the stress on the fish, i always put the fish first and use an unhooking mate. I bet loads dont use them but thats up to them. Ratchet?

W

Wolfman Woody

I used to have an unhooking mate, but he died and now I have to do it all meself.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

Oh dear, once again Thick Wan..r surfaces with his usual and predictable drivel.

B

Brick-Top

Thats a bit harsh Stu son,

Ok MAT.

Baz, calm it down mate, your getting as bad as your brother Les.

They let you both out i see.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Had to check I was on FM just then. It's normally a lot more civillised and sensible on here.