Tiscali Broadband

J

John Hepworth

Just wondering how many have signed up for the Tiscali ?15-99 package, and if so how do you find the service.
I signed up in December and up to last week had no problems. Now it is down more times than not, when it does work it is very slow, with e-mail almost not worth using. When I aventually get through to the help line(routed to India) it is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Could it be they advertise what they now unable to deliver. I ahve e-mailed the accounts dept without reply(via pay as you go) and it is immposible to talk to anyone who has a good understanding of English...Is this the future?

alan strickland

Reaction score
Happens to all of the adsl isp`s ive seen with headline packages John,They start off great then as more and more people sign up there bandwidth gets used up.
Ive not yet seen 1 company that add`s bandwidth before it`s needed they all wait until thing`s are at melting point and then add the needed new pipes.

try this link for adsl help

www.adslguide.org.uk

If you look in the forums/tiscali theres alot of unhappy customers even with the full blown adsl at ?27.99

ive used nildram in the past who where great but now use fredom2surf as there 512kbs package comes in at around ?20 for wires only.(you can buy adsl modems for as little as ?40 now)

G

Good Old Boy

Virgin.Net. ?24:99 per month,
512k Download,
NO 12 month tie in.

Basically its NTL re-badged as Virgin. I think its NTL France who bill them if that's any use....

Perfick.....

F

Frothey

why not eclipse? they are the uk no.1 in terms of speed, its a uk based company (exeter) and have lots of nice people working there.

Eclipse

T

tom riordan

You are right there Frothey, I have been with eclipse 2 years now and I cant fault them. High Speed all the time, No break of service with them except for official outages wich last 5 or 10 minutes max. Odd little wobble with the newsserver but nothing to lose any sleep about. Highly recommended by me anyway. They have also installed there third pipe so there is always plenty of bandwidth available.

S

Shrek

Frothey/Tim, how much was the initial set up fee? Did you purchase their hardware, or get your own?

C

Carp Angler

I'm with Nildram.
Top stuff, fast, good company and you get to speak to real people.
They were the first company in the uk to offer a 1mb link.

W

Wolfman Woody

I take it these are all 512k you're talking about on the telephone circuits?

I'm with NTL on their private cable, come swith TV if you want it. My boy reckons its faster than some leesed lines he's seen.

I've got to say, sometimes I post a thread incorrectly and it's up before before I can say sh

J

John Hepworth

Thanks for all the feedback, althogh normal service has now resumed I have lost about 4 days over the last 7. Not had any reply from Tiscali about my enquiry about credit for loss of service.

S

Shrek

Thanks for the info guys, I've signed up with plus.net as they were only ?18.99 per month for a 512K link but this is without peer to peer links as I don't need to download from sites like napster, kazaa etc.
Also, the ?50 charge for the BT work.

I'll let you know how it goes.