"New Water`s"

L

Les Clark

Good luck Dave, with your virgin water,good or bad your going to have some fun!

MarT

Reaction score
Thanks Dave..good article...interesting, informative and packed with info...very useful to a novice like me,and probably to the more experienced on this site!
Good luck with this new water, pls keep us informed how it is going.
Tight Lines.
Mart.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Frothey good luck with your new water, and I hope you have a great time with your imminent teach in, I'd have liked to attended but alas work gets in the way.

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
Dave,

I hope you find a good swim or two. I find that going to a new water and finding the fish is one of the most enjoyable parts of fishing even if it takes twelve months. I spent a lot of time on a new lake last year and it was not until the autumn before I was catching regualarly. Your comments about the margins and the old stream bed are spot on.

Bob

G

Glen Chalker 1

Nice artical mate! I too am starting on a new lake,of about eight acres,fairly pressured with an abundance of natural grub.I have spent four whole days plumbing it,finding weed,silt,grav,bars, humps and what have you.When you eventually plot all the info onto your master map its like a window opening to another world.I Xerox each section of the map (a4 size) get it laminated and take them with me when i go.A note book is essential as i plot every carpy movement and jot down my thoughts and note the times of each show and the what the weather was doing at the time.After a while "another window opens" and so on.Yes mate youve given sound advice,i like it!!!

Edward Stone

Reaction score
A very informative article, I am very new to carp fishing and really haven't fished since a lad over 20 years ago. I need articles like this to put my angling brain into gear!
Ta,

W

Wolfman Woody

It's good Frothey, keep us up-to-date.

Do you always draw in crayons? Won't your parents let you use sharp instruments then? lol

Tell you what, since your dad will be at the teach-in, you can show me some of your rigs and I'll show you some tips of proper drawrin', eh?

Heheh!

F

Frothey

its felt tip, not crayon. they've taking the padding out of the room as well!

F

Frothey

fished it for the first time last night, not exactly ideal conditions with a strong northerly and squally rain. put a lot of bait in to see what would happen....and was plagued with bream all night! all like peas in a pod at around the 6/7 pound mark (i'll have to take you there dad!) not ideal as i've got to work today.....think i'll carry on with the heavy baiting for a while though to give the fish a taste for the bait, might drop the method rod tho. hopefully the weather will be a bit better for fish spotting next week.

F

Frothey

another tip....go to new waters on a bank holiday if you want to find out if anyone else fishes it! only 2 others though :)

more bream, though did see two definate carp stick their heads out over the bait, so atleast i got the location right. bit less bait next time......

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Interesting stuff Frothey, keep the reports coming. Sounds like you have found a nice uncrowded water, lets hope your hard work pays dividends.