Help me PLEASE!!! to locate a

J

Jack the Lad

I've been searching the net through Google and Jeeves for a new product I heard about from Sweden. It started as a lightweight electric blanket used by the Swedish army and they've now made it into a lightwieght fishing vest.

It works by copper wires bonded within a woven aluminium foil material and to this is attached a battery pack together with the control dial for temperature. It sends radio pulses which is why its cheap to run, through the wires and this creates a gentle heat that keeps your body warm all day long. Apparently the Swedes got the idea from a method of undersoil heating for greenhouses.

It means that you can forget about your fleeces and thick padded waterproofs, thin summer gear is all you need with just a pullover over the vest even in winter. The freedom this offers us anglers sounds fantastic. 4 x AA batteries will apparently keep the unit going for around 10 hours and can then be recharged. I'm not sure about the cost or where I can get it from and that's why I need your help.

if anyone knows about this product from the Swedish company called Polar Foil can you let me know by email or add it to this thread.

Don't you think this is a good idea? I'd like to see it reviewed by a fishing magazine first.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm going to review the anagram of Polarfoil first.