How do you paste pictures onto the forum

frippe

Reaction score
If you upload you picture to a hosting site, I use photobucket but there are loads out there. Sign up to one, upload your photo to that site then when it has uploaded you will see a series of links, These links are links to your picture.

Find the thread on FM you want to post your picture on, hit "post reply" and in all the little icons at the top is a yellow box with a mountain in, Click that and paste the link to your picture into the box that pops up and hey presto!!.

The link will look something like this

ttp://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/bobstains150/Gilmorton19041015lb1ozBcopy.jpg

or with tags on the end like

(IMG)http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/bobstains150/Gilmorton19041015lb1ozBcopy.jpg(/IMG)

If you change the round brackets I used (for example only) for sqaure brackets the link will look like the picture below (a picture not a link)

Gilmorton19041015lb1ozBcopy.jpg

Ok, so now I have confused you completly and your thinking what is this plonker on about. Once you have done it once or twice it becomes so easy.

edit* If the picture is already being hosted on a website then you can just post the link without uploading the picture first.

Hope this helps

Bob

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Rodney

Rodney; I was trying to copy a graph picture from a excell worksheet and then trying to paste it directly onto the forum thread such as this by clicking paste.but, nothing happens. I am sure I used to do this with the old site. I can copy the graph image and paste it directly onto a word document ; I am not sure wether this is a GIF or JEP format but it does paste directly onto a word document but not onto these forum threads.
I discuss the contents of these graphs sometimes on the forum and it would be nice to show the results occasionally but, it not that important.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

BOB, I will have a go at your remedy ..thanks for helping

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodney; I was trying to copy a graph picture from a excell worksheet and then trying to paste it directly onto the forum thread

I'm no computer 'techie' but I think if you 'print' the graph as a .pdf fille you can then upload it to a hosting site and then follow the instructions in the post above from Bobstains.

I'm sure someone will tell you if that is not possible . . . . . . . .

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Rodney; I was trying to copy a graph picture from a excell worksheet and then trying to paste it directly onto the forum thread such as this by clicking paste.but, nothing happens. I am sure I used to do this with the old site. I can copy the graph image and paste it directly onto a word document ; I am not sure wether this is a GIF or JEP format but it does paste directly onto a word document but not onto these forum threads.
I discuss the contents of these graphs sometimes on the forum and it would be nice to show the results occasionally but, it not that important.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

BOB, I will have a go at your remedy ..thanks for helping
Hello Mark,
Unfortunately as you've discovered you can't paste directly from your p.c. into the forum, as Bobstains posted above you need to use a hosting service (image shack > Clicky. is free and easy to use.) Other images on the web can just be copied and pasted as they are already hosted online but for your purpose you need to go through the hosting process yourself.

It's not difficult and as B.S. said after the first couple of times you'll find it a breeze.

To get your chart into a GIF or JPEG format is easy if you have a graphics program as you can capture part or all of the page and paste it into the program, I use Paint Shop Pro.

If you don't have one, Windows has a simple program called PAINT which will do the job but takes a little longer. Open the Excel file you want to put on the forum.

Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. (Usually above the numeric section of the keyboard)

Go to the Paint program in windows, then hold down the Ctrl button and tap the V key, this will paste the screen dump into Paint.

Use the selection tool (either of the top two icons in Paint) to select the area you want to use as the image file.

Click on the Image menu and select Crop.

Then Select File and Save As in the usual manner.

You now have the image ready to host on your chosen Hosting site (Image Shack or whatever you prefer).

Once hosted you can post the image in the forum using the link provided on the hosting site by the normal copy and paste.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

I'm no computer 'techie' but I think if you 'print' the graph as a .pdf fille you can then upload it to a hosting site and then follow the instructions in the post above from Bobstains.

I'm sure someone will tell you if that is not possible . . . . . . . .

I don't think you can post .pdf files Peter, maybe a link to the hosting site and download from there but not post and display on the board unfortunately.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
You can upload direct from your PC to FM's Gallery - either to one of the album headings or create your own album(s).

Click on Gallery and select Upload Photo.

You can then link any such images to the forum posts. There are limitations to the size of image you can upload (100k) but this good little piece of software is simple to use: PIXresizer - Download

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
It sounds a bit drawn out but after the first couple of times you won't even have to think about it.

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Let us know if you get stuck.