DAIWA 13.ft IVAN MARKS LIGHTNING

garry millar

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a DAIWA 13.ft IVAN MARKS LIGHTNING FLOAT ROD can anybody tell me anything about it . I have done a web serch what turned up nothing

W

Wolfman Woody

I doubt that it's worth much now Garry. I have an Ivan Marks Harrier that was my sons rod at the turn of the 80's. It's worth a ?5 probably.

Ivan likes to be remembered by them though. It was a great point in his life.

J

jason fisher

daiwa harrier 13 foot was the best float rod on the market for the money when they released it.

taffdog

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a DAIWA 13.ft IVAN MARKS LIGHTNING FLOAT ROD can anybody tell me anything about it . I have done a web serch what turned up nothing

Best rod i have ever owned ..this rod has landed me lots of good (4lb + ) tench..bream..small (5-6lb) carp and belive or not a 23lb pike on 2lb line 18 hook and 2 bronze maggots..and at the outher end of the scale wil still be soft enough for small rudd and off the top it has a rearly good action that will cope with most things .

Last edited:

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Best rod i have ever owned ..this rod has landed me lots of good (4lb + ) tench..bream..small (5-6lb) carp and belive or not a 23lb pike on 2lb line 18 hook and 2 bronze maggots..and at the outher end of the scale wil still be soft enough for small rudd and off the top it has a rearly good action that will cope with most things .

Garry's not buying it off you is he Taffdog ????? :D:D:D

chav professor

Reaction score
I loved my Harrier - my dad bought it for my birthday (sometime in the 80's) when he was feeling flash!!!!
Found an old D.A.M. 8ft Ledger rod called the Winkle picker. it is carbon fibre. it was in an old shop - the chap was having a clearout. i paid £20.

after a little browse on the web, i discovered that a similar example achieved £79 at a Bonhams auction.

(I would never fish with the harrier again - it make an awesome bean pole though;))

chav professor

Reaction score
There is a ligjhtning for sale on Ebay 10/09 thursday - in mint condition - sale is going well with bids to £22, there is still a few days to go!!