Fish on Friday

M

michael rouse

Does anyone think that Discovery Home And Leisure should take requests from time to time about episodes on Fish On Friday.I used to love it.The Great Rod Race,Go fishing,Wet Nets.Now in my opinion its not so good and i'v been looking forward to a new series for ages.

Home and Leisure should have a voting page on their website and let people choose which shows they would like to see in order of preference.

W

Wolfman Woody

I don't know whether H&L really do listen to their viewers anyway. They asked us for programmes we wanted to see and lots of artists asked for a series from Anglian called "King & Country" about Ian King. H&L deal with Anglian for the John Wilson series unless they do it direct, but so far all they show is that pratt Bob Ross - painting mountains and happy trees.

I think it's anything that's cheap enough.

Not criticising Mick Brown here, just H&L and all the other cheapskate satelite broadcasters.

F

Frothey

once you've seen them all 5 times, it gets a bit boring....

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm seriousely thinking of chucking satelite in if they don't buck their ideas up.

M

michael rouse

This weeks "fish on Friday" was terrible.Iv looked ahead and there's a day of fishing next friday.Mostly "Go Fishing" but i'll probably tape the good ones.

Cheeky.I wouldnt say they are cheap skate.They get paid to do what they love and do best.I envy Mick Brown,Matt Hayes,John Wilson.Especially in a Total Fishing episode when there was a conversation between Matt and someone else,Matt said something like "it sure beats work ,well...i am working."
I wouldnt mind being payed to fish and most of the Home and Leisure stars get sponserships from all the top tackle brands.

Just like to know,why did they choose that random person "kevin Green" to do Predators when Mick Brown is availiable?

W

Wolfman Woody

Michael, you'll have to learn some things about business and being screwed, because bigger businesses survive by screwing littler ones as hard as they can.

Matt and Mick do get paid, but I'll wager a pound it's not a king's ransom. John Wilson might do slightly better as his programmes are (were) sold to Anglian and Meridian TV first, so he'd get some terrestrial network money. Sure they all enjoy it and sometimes even if you don't get much it's better than a poke in the eye for shovelling s**t. But they're never going to be millionaires, not even from sponsorships.

The majority of Satalite broadcasters (just browse through them) are crap stations. Heaven knows where the find advertisers and many don't last the distance even. They buy whatever they can, the crap that nobody else wants. H&L are a little better, but study all they broadcast and sort the wheat for the chaff. Most of it is garbage that's already done the course in other countries and like Frothey say, it repeated umpteen times.

I do wish Mick and Matt every success, but they would do far, far better working for terrestrial stations if they could get on them. Don't complain about the BBC when you compare what they produce to the rubbish on satelite.

J

jason fisher

so what angling programs do the bbc show then cheeky monkey.

W

Wolfman Woody

None. I wrote to them about it once and they said that I was the 123rd person that they'd written to that day, there's no demand for it. :)

They showed "Passion For Angling" - still the best. We just don't put enough pressure on them. Drop a line to Michael Grade, he might change things.

M

michael rouse

T.vs naughtiest blunders,make a go fishings naughtiest blunders. I couldnt stop laughing after an out take at the end of a certain "Go Fishing" when john was stalking a carp, he made a loud noise which spooked the fish resulting in a bit of bad language.Show this and people will watch!

Hutch

Reaction score
I've only had satellite for 6 months and i am now seeing repeats is that H&Ls repetiore? I thought Day ticket was promising but it didn't last many episodes, good format with ordinary anglers. Matt Hayes Mainstream is very good. The banter between Matt Hayes and Mick Brown is very amusing sometimes, but does anyone else find John Wilsons continous laughing really irritating?

W

Wolfman Woody

My wife. Shows how much he enjoys though!

Who was that other annoying nurk who was on "Andy's Fishing Adventures" or something (not the Andy Little series, they were good). They only had one microphone and he wore it. He asked his host a question and you never got to hear the answser and all he did all the time was laugh a cackling heavy smoker laugh and talk in a muffled tone.

Fortunately, they haven't shown it for a couple of year's. Let's pray they've lost the tapes - in a BIFFA!

A Wayne

Reaction score
Does anybody else want to tear Henry Gilbey's head off and feed it to a sabre-toothed Badger? I don't know why he annoys me he just does. Perhaps it was that time he was stalking Bass and couldn't shut his face for 30 seconds and spooked them.

M

michael rouse

The guide told him to try to be quiet and he turned to the camera and shouted "Right,weve got to be quiet here because the bass are very spooky".FOOL.