Latest gimmick

C

Chris Bishop

Went in the tackle shop down the road today and the guv'nor hands me a packet of artificial sweet corn with one of those little key ring torches.

Shine a light on this stuff and it glows.

What will they think of next..?

In all seriousness I'm going to try threading a lump on my snoods for flattie fishing off the beach.

L

Les Clark

Chris,It`s worth a go,have to keep an open mind,and then throw it in the bin!(maybe).

W

Wolfman Woody

What gets me is this - It's supposed to glow (how bright?) for up to 8 hours. Why not mould the stuff into the same shape as isotopes or starlights.

Now that would save us some real money!!! And I'll have 10% commission on all sales for handing the idea into the public domain.

A

Andy Thatcher 1

They have already attached it to rod rest heads for barbelling and would expect to see it appear as an isotope soon.

It is surprisingly bright initially but soon settles down. Saying that it is still as bright as a starlight after a few hours andf you cannot recharge them.

W

Wolfman Woody

Agh! You can't recharge them.. strange. But are they cheaper than Starlites and would they work out cheaper than isotopes?

C

Chris Bishop

Used starlites a fair bit for zander fishing - on top of floats. Isotopes aren't bright enough to see more than a couple of rod lengths away, so little use in trotting rivers.

Point of this is it makes the bait glow. I'm going to try it for sea fishing this spring/summer and maybe thread one on the trace for fishing lives for the zeds.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They do not glow that bright. Yhe initial britness dies very fast then you are left with a very pale glow. I would say about a 1/4 of a drennan isotope. Picked mine up ant NEC but not tried them yet.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about these small luminouse "things" that are used in fly-tying?

T

The Monk

what about luminous condoms

if nothing else, I suppose they stop people sneaking up on you in the dark?

jp

Reaction score
.......only if they are walking around with their family jewels on display

doesn't seem to happen much in Hampshire

but I suppose there are a lot more knobheads in Mancyland

C

Chris Bishop

I'm starting sea fishing this week again - going to give it a go on one rod and see. Must say I dismissed this a bit to strt with, now I think why not.

I tried a little starlite on the trace between the hooks for zander fishing a few years back but could never tell if it made any difference.

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Chris I meant to say that you cannot recharge a starlight but you can recharge the luminous sweetcorn !

C

Chris Bishop

Help you find it again if you swallow it by mistake I suppose. Just turn the lights out in the karsi.

W

Wolfman Woody

Right Andy, I understand you now.

So this material made up into the Starlite and Isotope sizes would be ideal material to stick in buzzers and banksticks and landing net handles (you could have bigger pieces in those) and swingers and on quiver tips. In fact anywhere that it costs a fortune for now.

And all you have to do is recharge it.

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Bingo.

I am going to have a word with Chris from Enterprise at the Barbel Society AGM in a couple of weeks and see what he says.

They have released this strap that you can put on your bank stick thingy so you do not lose it. No don't ask I don't have a clue about that one really !

W

Wolfman Woody

Good IDEA!!! I would like one to stop me losing bank sticks which are bloody expensive, especially when they have a digital camera attached to the top!!!

Seriously, I nearly forgot it one night.

Don't forget to tell him about my 10% commission for putting it into the public domain!!!

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Suppose you could just cut the strap off and use the isotope bit. It looks about the right size and shape.