Where is the MONK

B

Bill Cox

Being that we are entering a major religeous festival i find it strange that the Monk seems to have dissapeared.Anyone know where or why ?
Maybe he will appear on Sunday if he can roll the rock out of the way.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I heard he was on a pilgrimage after someone grassed him up, something to do with not eating for a few weeks.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

He said he is going to do a section of his pilgramage along the Pennine Way

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

This is what he posted last week :

The new year is now underway and the weather is begining to improve, so the pilgramage continues, starting this Friday (which is a good one), anyone wishing to join this exclusive journey North, should meet me at 7.00am in the walled car park at Hawes

Bring stout boots, waterproof gear, a packed lunch, and a letter from the wife, we aim to do a twenty mile trip, possibly as far as Keld or Middleton in Teesdale, anyone holding the expidition up, will be left on the moor with an OS map and the phone numnber of the mountain rescue

anybody fancy it?

T

The Monk

hi guys, just got back

knackered, only managed a 17 miler, we took two cars, dropped one off at hawes and the second one at the Tan Hill Inn (the highest pub in England by the way), we crossed the hills from Tan Hill, down into Keld and across to Thwaite, then up the mighty Great Shunner Fell (the highest part of the PW so far on my journey from Edale

The weather was really naff and our brave heroes climbed through thick mist and driving rain untill we eventually ascended to the stone man on the summit, this was followed by a gentle 6 mile walk down to Hawes to collect the first car and drive back upto Tan Hill, (where I had a pint, not bad since I no longer drink)

great pilgrimage though

W

Wolfman Woody

Thought I saw what might have been your car the other day Monk.

A Lambourgini with the number plate - B1 CEP

J

jason fisher

monk's got loads of cars i've ordered 2 vauxhalls in the last couple of weeks one for a mrs monk in manchester and one for mr monk in southampton which explains why he's not been on for a while he's walked all the way to southampton and then bought a car to drive back.

T

The Monk

A Lambourgini with the number plate - B1 CEP

not quite Jeff, my car would be more suited in the shed thread mate?

W

Wolfman Woody

It would suit your macho body-beautiful looks though, Monk. Driving around with a number plate BICEP. Think of all the birds you'd pull.

T

The Monk

at 53 Jeff, I,ve had to come to terms with the fact that I`m probably not the babe magnet (eye candy), I once was

still it would be good for my image mate

L

Les Clark

Did you come across one of the old iron framed bed`s while you were out there Monk? they can turn up anywhere mate.

T

The Monk

no old iron framed beds Les, but I did take some interesting scrapings of Lichen species from the carboniferous limestones above Great Shunner fell`s leeside, I`ve had them under the microscope this morning but can`t identify them yet, they are of course air pollutant sensitive and these/this particular SSp are extremely bright in colouration

Interesting eh Les?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Monk,
It's too late now mate but only two weeks ago I gave one of my customers a lift to clear the attic out. There was a double sized sprung bedframe with an oak headboard that got chucked on the tip. Sorry mate but I'll keep an ear open for you.
Looking on the funny side, you could most probably got some scrapings off it aswell.

B

Bill Cox

GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK SAFE AND SOUND WHERE YOU BELONG MONK.ITS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOUR UNIQUE WAY OF SUMMING THINGS UP.

T

The Monk

You could have made a few bob on that Baz, they sell for a lot of money these days

Though that would get you excited Les, I bet you`ll be out Lichen spotting now

Cheers Bill, good to be back mate

right thats me

I`m off to feed the ferrets