Old Iron sprung bed, from WW2

T

The Monk

the girl friends just been given one of those old iron sprung beds, you don` t see them these days, she`s got rid of our all singing and dancing devan and put this thing in the bedroom intead, I was a bit apprehensive at first but having slept in it for a few nightds, its one of the most comfortable beds I`ve ever slept in, its like a water bed!

Thing is the mother in law wants one now, where do you get these things?>

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Seriously though, I reckon the only people likely to have one, is these house clearance people that clear out old folks homes that have passed on. Might be worth giving one a ring mate. I know the sort you mean, a flat diamond shaped mesh like we had in naval barracks in the 50's? good support for the back and all that. I must admit they were very comfy but remember they also had horsehair mattresses that helped support you???

W

Wolfman Woody

Steptoe & Son, somewhere near Shepherds Bush. Delivery - extra.

L

Les Clark

Monk, IF you can find a original it`s going to cost you a arm and leg,your looking for something that most people throw out in the 60`s,my grandfather buried a couple of them in his back garden, best of luck mate.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Ask around local sale rooms or bottom end of the market auction rooms, no offence intended, but there should be quite a lot round Manchester/Oldham area.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Sorry Monk, pressed submit when I realised that in the course of your work you probably have contact with Bailiffs, may be worth your while asking them.

T

The Monk

actually shes had me out today looking for one of the bloody thinks, been round a few antique rooms in Longsight, off to this mill in Failsworth tommorrow and I think Capes and Dunn the auctioneers, these things are like rocking horse shit and apparently very expensive

its not the diamond shaped spring system but the fold over full spring system type she wants

its would probably be a lot less hassle to simply replace the girl friend

T

The Monk

I think the antique Mill at failsworth could be good, last time I was there I bough a red deers head for over the fire place, its a lovely thing with massive palmate anklers, its eyes follow you all around the room

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
The wifes eyes do better than that, they follow me everywhere. Have you tried Ebay.

F##k me !!!!. Saturday night and I'm discussing buying beds, Jesus, I'm in serious need of therapy.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Monk ,
there is a single one awaiting "disposal" in my parents garage.
Surprisingly you'll be able to claim it for nowt if you're able to collect it.

R

Richard Huggett 1

I could have got you a deers head today, horns and all...deer stags and Citroen Picasso's don't REALLY go together !!!

T

The Monk

cheers Ian, sorted though thanks mate, got one today ?125 with free delivery

thats the mother in law happy