Tips on finding a water to lease?

P

Pete Denness 2

Probably obvious to a lot of you but where would I start to look if I wanted to lease a water?

I've seen "fisheries for sale" but is there a similar fisheries to lease site?

Any tips would be good.
cheers

Pete

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not too sure Pete, but maybe the E.A. could help. It could be worth giving them a ring and asking to speak to someone about it.

W

Wolfman Woody

Like I did once. Buy a large scale map of the area you're interested in and find all the little bits marked blue. Try to establish if there's a road nearby (usually marked red or green or something :)) for access. Then go out and do some leg work.

Find out who owns the land and try to approach them. You might get either a nice surprise or a shot gun pointing at you. I found two very nice ponds this way once and I'm sure I would have had success on more.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Pete,

What Jeff says is not such a bad idea.

Another thought is that many clubs out there are in dire circumstances with decreasing membership and lack of funds.

Many have been forced to give up their leases on certain waters, such as canal pounds, river beats and stillwaters.

Some are prime fisheries so I would delve into that sphere.

You don't say what area you are looking at so I can't help any further.

P

Pete Denness 2

Thanks for the ideas,

I guess a bit of effort might find me something. I'm looking within 15 - 20 miles of the Northampton area ideally for a stretch of either the Nene or Ouse. I'll pop the bulletproof vest on an go and chat to some farmers then ;-)

Cheers