Wales / S-West

• Thread starter Goose Ganderton
  • Start date
G

Goose Ganderton

Hi guy's
I sort of lost the plot a week or so ago.
i asked if anyone knew of any big Tench waters in south Wales and you did reply but i lost my cut and paste bits.

Well the story is I am leaving Kent in the morning to drop my wife of in South Wales and I am then going off to fish untill Sunday morning.

So my problem is where the hell do I go where I can stick up a bivvy for 4 nights.
I now dont care what i fish for, Ill pack all my rods if I have too.

Please help.....anyone got a fish pond in your back garden.......anywhere will do.

Cheers

Goose

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Goose

Living here I should be able to help. Truth is I'm struggling to think of a suitable water that's either open and/or allows nights.

All I can do is suggest you phone Colin Cook, manager of Garry Evans Tackle, Cardiff in the morning. He is bound to know somewhere. Number is 029 2069 2968.

Where are you dropping your wife off? Anywhere near Cardiff?

Cooperman

G

Goose Ganderton

Hi Dave.
I'm dropping her off at somewhere called Liandeilo, an hour or so north of Swansea.

i dont mind how far I drive to find a decent water.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
I hope you find somewhere. I just don't fish round here very much, preferring to drive back over the bridge to the rivers Severn and Bristol Avon most of the time. Other than that I fish local club waters that are currently all closed, and I definitely know nothing about anything around Swansea.

But I would definitely give Garry Evans Tackle a call. Colin should know somewhere. Mind you he didn't know a chub from a grass carp, but hey, you can't be right all the time.

Have a good trip. If you end up anywhere near Cardiff, give me a call 029 2061 4699.

Coop

G

Goose Ganderton

Cheers Dave
I might just do that. Call you that is.

I think I might buy a bloody big hole in South wales and fill it with specimen fish cos there dont seem to be much about.

Goose

C

Chris Bishop

South Cerney/Cotswold Water park - only an hour odd's drive from Cardiff.