Fungal Disease and Cures?

I

Iain Wishart

I am the fishery manager of a local club lake and have had reports of odd bream and carp being seen with large amounts of white fungul growth on them.

Judging by what i have read the cause could be stress related (water quality, low oxygen etc). Has anybody else experienced this? What's the cure?

T

The Monk

It may be of help if you joined one of the professional bodies like the Institute of Fiheries Management (IFM)or the Freshwater Biological Association (FBA), they both have websites and will have professional people who can help

P

Phil Hackett 2

You could do worse than contact your local EA office and ask them to come and have a look and take some samples. This will cost the club nothing, as it comes out of the Rod License money we all pay.

Reaction score
Hi Iain
Phil is correct you should contact the EA who are there to help you and as a lake owner that would be my first port of call.
Stress is one possible cause but to be fair there could be lots of reasons.

The EA have been good to us regardless of what many think. Get to know your regional officer and never be afraid to ask a question. I am sure in the end all will be well if you act quickly NOW.

I

Iain Wishart

Thanks for the help folks - i will let you know if we find a solution