Preston Monster Chair

carlosd

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Anyone on here had an 1st hand experience with the Preston Innovations Monster Chair?

Cant seem to find a stockist near where i am so i can physically go put my hands on oneand im not one for ordering online if i can help it when there are tackle shops that need support.

Any good or bad points about this chair will help me decide whether to venture out and support a local tackle shop or not :)

Thanks

John Keane

Reaction score
I looked at one as an alternative to a seat box (bad back and all that). When I checked it out I was a bit disappointed that the legs, particularly the front ones, didn’t lock out in a vertical position. I considered that this was a flaw as, when match fishing, I wanted vertical legs to attach my many and varied attachments (bait trays, pole roosts, bump bar, keepnet arms, etc, etc.

carlosd

Reaction score
I looked at one as an alternative to a seat box (bad back and all that). When I checked it out I was a bit disappointed that the legs, particularly the front ones, didn’t lock out in a vertical position. I considered that this was a flaw as, when match fishing, I wanted vertical legs to attach my many and varied attachments (bait trays, pole roosts, bump bar, keepnet arms, etc, etc.

Interesting answer John, definitely want to look at one before I decide to buy one

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Chrissh I think the width on the front legs is slightly different between the two chairs, as far as I can recall the footplates for the chairs will not interchange,
I have the original Korum accessory chair complete with a carry bag and believe me it is as heavy as a seatbox, the only time it gets used is on a small club water where I can more or less park behind my peg and don't want want to take a seatbox, apart from that it is in the garden in the summer as an extra chair, Another chair worth looking at is the Middy Pole chair with cut away sides, it seems pretty light even with the attatchments fitted, cost is around £110

carlosd

Reaction score
Chrissh I think the width on the front legs is slightly different between the two chairs, as far as I can recall the footplates for the chairs will not interchange,
I have the original Korum accessory chair complete with a carry bag and believe me it is as heavy as a seatbox, the only time it gets used is on a small club water where I can more or less park behind my peg and don't want want to take a seatbox, apart from that it is in the garden in the summer as an extra chair, Another chair worth looking at is the Middy Pole chair with cut away sides, it seems pretty light even with the attatchments fitted, cost is around £110

Thanks for your reply :)

Korum x25 Deluxe is 7KG
Middy MX100 - No weight given
Preston Monster Chair - No weight given

I think weight is a key factor when it comes to chairs alongside comfort.

I'm still unsure on which to get now after a long hard look :(

chrissh

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply :)

Korum x25 Deluxe is 7KG
Middy MX100 - No weight given
Preston Monster Chair - No weight given

I think weight is a key factor when it comes to chairs alongside comfort.

I'm still unsure on which to get now after a long hard look :(

I have to admit that the Korum deluxe chair is heavy I use mine with the barrow kit attachment. A good thing about chair is the high back which keep the wind off your back and the legs are easy to level plus there a lot attachment that can be fitted if needed

Have a look at angling direct in Dronfield it’s about 30 miles from you or you could go to the northern angling show next mouth and look and try out all the different chairs

carlosd

Reaction score
I have to admit that the Korum deluxe chair is heavy I use mine with the barrow kit attachment. A good thing about chair is the high back which keep the wind off your back and the legs are easy to level plus there a lot attachment that can be fitted if needed

Have a look at angling direct in Dronfield it’s about 30 miles from you or you could go to the northern angling show next mouth and look and try out all the different chairs

I've got to admit I would have the barrow kit if I was to buy the Korum so I suppose weights not a big issue but it would be nice to carry when not using the barrow.

I'll keep looking :)

carlosd

Reaction score
Me and my mate both got these last year, there really very good.

YouTube

It's by far my favourite accessory chair so far so I'm seriously considering getting it with the barrow kit. I like the deluxe is high backed and well padded

seth49

Reaction score
Yes we went for the deluxe chairs, I’m 6ft 2 in and it keeps the cold winds of my neck, very comfortable as well, the arm rests are good too, not to long to get in the way either, and for carrying the gear it’s very good, a lot easier than the carp barrow I had, and more stable too,

Will keep us old codgers fishing a few more years, as well.

carlosd

Reaction score
Yes we went for the deluxe chairs, I’m 6ft 2 in and it keeps the cold winds of my neck, very comfortable as well, the arm rests are good too, not to long to get in the way either, and for carrying the gear it’s very good, a lot easier than the carp barrow I had, and more stable too,

Will keep us old codgers fishing a few more years, as well.

Thanks for your info, if you was on commission with Korum you would be winning as it's the one I'm going for :)

mikench

Reaction score
Another vote for the Korum chair( Not delux) . It erects easily and quickly and has a pouch at the rear which holds the Preston monster tray. I use a bungee cord to keep it in place so I can carry it within the chair.

All the accessories fit well and the chair is comfy! I have the barrow kit too which works well when I need it! It weighs 6.2k. I also have the Robo chair full monty( kodex) which is good and lighter and bought as a pressie when I first started out. This is worth looking at!

Last edited:

carlosd

Reaction score
Another vote for the Korum chair( Not delux) . It erects easily and quickly and has a pouch at the rear which holds the Preston monster tray. I use a bungee cord to keep it in place so I can carry it within the chair.

All the accessories fit well and the chair is comfy! I have the barrow kit too which works well when I need it! It weighs 6.2k. I also have the Robo chair full monty( kodex) which is good and lighter and bought as a pressie when I first started out. This is worth looking at!

Thanks for this info Mike, I'll take a look at the Kodex but it looks like I'm set on the Korum :)

Carl