Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guru rig case

Default Guru rig case

With my new found hook tying attempts( skill is too strong) I need a decent smallish rig case to put them in rather than the free orange things from the comics.i have 2 questions;

1. Which do people recommend if not the guru?
    2. Do people wrap longer lengths a few times around the pegs or ensure that they stretch between pegs just once.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guru rig case

For pole rig hook lengths I use the small Preston box and the larger one for hook lengths up to about 10 inches lng.

For longer ones for legering or feeder fishing I use the Preston again but the one that has the little plastc reels to store the longer hook lengths, thereby saving the need to "double" them over around the pegs.

The Preston ones I have are the old style so not sure if they are still marketed.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I like these Preston ones for a few reasons, you can remove the winders which is handy if I’m roving and just need one or two style hooks. I’ve mentioned on many an occasion my slightly less than dextrous mitts, I actually find the Buru box difficult to open on a cold day, very strong magnets!

I’ve modified one or two of my winders to accommodate different lengths by gluing in a small pin.

Match Fishing Products - Preston Innovations

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I have 3 small and 1 long preston hooklength boxes, I have found if I buy preston ready made hooklengths they are a shade to lend, I have the older style boxes, They have one now where your hooklengths go on something similar to a pole winder and is held in place in the box by magnets Preston's are bringing out ready made hooklengths on these winders to save making your own.
    Last edited by markcw; 18-01-2020 at 17:11.

Another vote for the preston hook length box I have all three sizes

* Mike if you want a large and small guru hook lenghth free of charge (pm me)*
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    For pole rig hook lengths I use the small Preston box and the larger one for hook lengths up to about 10 inches lng.

For longer ones for legering or feeder fishing I use the Preston again but the one that has the little plastc reels to store the longer hook lengths, thereby saving the need to "double" them over around the pegs.

The Preston ones I have are the old style so not sure if they are still marketed.
    PI have brought out a modified design of the older style, and also the hooklength pole winder type box, as well as the spools that go in a special box ( other brands available in this style ) I think Daiwa broght these out many years ago but were classed as a gimmick, I had a few of the daiwa ones and found them to be good, they were colour coded so you could put different hooklengths on the spools

I use a stonfo one portafinoli 200 I think it’s called. Slim and light.
    Suits my needs has various pegs inside. I don’t do over long hook lengths anyway so about 8” is the longest it will take.

Blog Entries

You should get a pair of scissors and a nail file free with the guru rig case, that hard to open breaks your nails

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    You should get a pair of scissors and a nail file free with the guru rig case, that hard to open breaks your nails
    It’s not just me then!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    Another vote for the preston hook length box I have all three sizes

* Mike if you want a large and small guru hook lenghth free of charge (pm me)*
    Pm sent Chris and thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast