Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elastic

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Default Re: Elastic

I must say I've followed this thread with a fair degree of bewilderment. I get some,maybe even most of it but there is a lot that goes way over my head. I do fish a pole occasionally but it is only occasionally and I'm perfectly content with what I use....which curiously is Slik having been recommended it by a very good pole angler. I dont do pulla thingies and it does seem a bit stretchier than what I used before but, on the whole, it seems pretty good gear.

Likewise except with total bewilderment. It's just so cumbersome imo. Definitely not for me ever.

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paste paul View Post
    I never use pullers ........ I’m not knocking them but I have my own way of doing things....
    Funny enough I have brand fitted side pullers in most of my topkits for elastics of 10 and above, I rarely use them, preferring to play fish on the elastic, What i have done though is have short length of elastic coming from the side that is tensioner by a rubber buffer bead, This means i can either have the elastic set soft or tensioned, The light elastics as stated are on winder bungs, All tackle is balanced. And elastics on pullers are hollo, winder bungs are solid,
    I can state that Maver poles can withstand being held just past vertical at 13 metres with me stood on top of seat box trying to net a high teen weight carp. Managed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Funny enough I have brand fitted side pullers in most of my topkits for elastics of 10 and above, I rarely use them, preferring to play fish on the elastic, What i have done though is have short length of elastic coming from the side that is tensioner by a rubber buffer bead, This means i can either have the elastic set soft or tensioned, The light elastics as stated are on winder bungs, All tackle is balanced. And elastics on pullers are hollo, winder bungs are solid,
    I can state that Maver poles can withstand being held just past vertical at 13 metres with me stood on top of seat box trying to net a high teen weight carp. Managed to do it.
    I normally use solid elastic it’s the right price to be honest......
    I originally started this thread because I felt the hollow from srg was good value at £3.99 ....... it also works really well ...
    I’m not knocking other brands as most of them are pretty good but I can’t justify paying over £10 for pole elastic......
    The slik is going in the right direction price wise and usability....
    I’m convinced this hollow I’ve mentioned is made with the same material as the slik just as a point of interest.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123