Dragon Carp/Badger/Ron Thompson/etc

alan

Reaction score
ive got to depend them again,

RT/okuma, ive got 2 beach rods/reel combo's, boat rod/reel combo and spinning rod, in the last 5 years i have had no trouble what so ever with them, as to casting i can get them just as far as most other people with no real effort.

badger, i have a set of bait runners, my mate has a set, my brother has a set, again in the 2 years ive had them i have had no problems at all.

Dragon carp, my kids each have a float rod, my brother has the full pike kit, rods/reels/nets etc from them. again other then my son breaking one through being a twat they have performed well, and have been no bother to use.

its worth rembering not everyone can spend £200 on a rod, and £200 on a reel etc. the cheaper stuff will and does catch the same fish. the argument for life time warrentys etc or better action is crap. if its what people can afford, if it catches the same fish, if it works and lasts like the other stuff whats the problem? is it simply the fact that someone who spent 1/4 of the cost of your tackle can catch the same fish?

as to other items of tackle, i have the RT boots, priest, beach shelter, line, the Giant brand nets, bivvy, chairs etc, D/C end tackle, lures etc. and NONE of it has ever let me down.

big T

Reaction score
All my reels are Shakespeare 4 ball bearing exept my bate runners are Leeda 2xl, my rods are nearly all 2xl or xgt from leeda and one feeder rod from Abu. indavigably not expensive but if I bought the lot in one go it's about £2000.