Dragon Carp/Badger/Ron Thompson/etc

R

Richard Huggett 1

What's your opinion on these type of deals where you get 2 x carp rods and 2 x baitrunner type reels for ?100 or thereabouts....are they any good ?

S

Shrek

Rich, the rods tend to be carbon composite and the reels are the "low end" Okuma range. A tackle shop near me stocks them and they're OK as a budget entry model if that's all you can afford, but I'd save my money up and go for a better spec kit.

G

Good Old Boy

I have been to a couple of tackle fairs and seen these deals and if im honest they are not that much cop, As adrian said if you can save a little bit more cash there are better deals/quality around.

R

Richard Huggett 1

I wasn't thinking of buying any of them...just wondered, that's all.

If I buy any more tackle, I'm in deep sh*t...

alan

Reaction score
i use the ron thompson rods and okuma reels and can honestly say ive never had a problem with them.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Well, I'm in the deep stuff.
I popped into my local shop on the way home from work{as you do}and came out with a pair of the new Wychwood Rogue Specimen rods, a pair of Daiwa 4050BRT baitrunners....but I did get a free{as in no charge}Wychwood Rogue Spod rod chucked in as well. Can't be bad I thought....but it's going to cost me a new wardrobe for 'er indoors.

All donations gratefully received....

R

Richard Huggett 1

Thinking of selling me body on street corners at night...have to be bloody dark though !!!

S

Shrek

Couldn't you just say it was a Fathers Day present that your kids asked you to get on their behalf?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Reminds me of the story of an old fisherman on his death bed, worried that his wife would sell his fishing gear after he was gone for the price he said he had paid for it!

F

Fred Bonney

Great first post Jordan...just remember, kids look in on this site,no need for it!

big T

Reaction score
He's new so we have to forgive him, I wonder if "er indoors realy knows how much we spend the amount of times I go into my local tackle shop for a bit of ground bait and maggots and come out with a very slim wallet, wait for herselve to go to bed then creep out to the car and smuggle it in/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif