Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Richard Huggett 1 Guest

What's your opinion on these type of deals where you get 2 x carp rods and 2 x baitrunner type reels for 100 or thereabouts....are they any good ?

Shrek Guest

Rich, the rods tend to be carbon composite and the reels are the "low end" Okuma range. A tackle shop near me stocks them and they're OK as a budget entry model if that's all you can afford, but I'd save my money up and go for a better spec kit.

Good Old Boy Guest

I have been to a couple of tackle fairs and seen these deals and if im honest they are not that much cop, As adrian said if you can save a little bit more cash there are better deals/quality around.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

I wasn't thinking of buying any of them...just wondered, that's all.

If I buy any more tackle, I'm in deep sh*t...

i use the ron thompson rods and okuma reels and can honestly say ive never had a problem with them.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

Well, I'm in the deep stuff.
    I popped into my local shop on the way home from work{as you do}and came out with a pair of the new Wychwood Rogue Specimen rods, a pair of Daiwa 4050BRT baitrunners....but I did get a free{as in no charge}Wychwood Rogue Spod rod chucked in as well. Can't be bad I thought....but it's going to cost me a new wardrobe for 'er indoors.

All donations gratefully received....

Shrek Guest

Rich baby, can't wait to hear how you get out of this one.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

Thinking of selling me body on street corners at night...have to be bloody dark though !!!

Shrek Guest

Couldn't you just say it was a Fathers Day present that your kids asked you to get on their behalf?

you have ****ed it good look, happy carping [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast