bite indicators

Robbie H

Reaction score
Fox MMX do me proud. Have forward and drop back indication.

Robbie H

Reaction score
Mine were about ?45 each, but i'm sure if you search the net you can find em a little cheaper.

S

stephen cartledge

Has anyone used the microsonic bite alarms for dragon Carp? I am looking for a budget bite indicator as I rarely fish with bite alarms, and saw that they sell them for ?24.95 and you get one free as well

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I'd stick with Fox at the lower to mid price points. Mine are nearly 10 years old and have been heavily used.

The MMx sells for ?50 to ?55 and is about the best buy but the entry level (around ?30 I think) will last you years.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Stuart - you;ll need to team up your alarm with an indicator of some sort such as swingers, hangers and so on.

Otherwise you'll miss drop back and won't see many bites.

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
Cheers Matt Brown, I got 3 Nash outlaw alarms from a carboot sale for ?25. Don't no if they are a bargin yet, all working, will test them next weekend. Anyone heared of nash outlaw's???

Eric Bosdet

Reaction score
listen i personally rec the delkims excellent the txi plus are good but if you put on a pod make sure you get spacers as the only downer is the little switch at the bottom over then that they are the nuts,
expensive but worth every penny

MONTON

Reaction score
Buy ours. ?5.99 eacyh, tone volume and sensitivity control. Id put money on you being impressed by them.

LEE REEVE

Reaction score
DELKIMS TXiPLUS ON SOLAR QUICK RELEASE WITH THE SOLAR PULL OUT HANGERS IF YOU DON,T FISH AT NIGHT THEN YOU COULD BUY THE CHEAPER ONES WITHOUT THE REMOTE BUT IF YOU TURN DOWN THE VOLUME ON THE ALARM THE REMOTE VIBRATES IN YOUR POCKET AND ONLY YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A RUN OR A DROP BACK THESE ALARMS ARE VERY SENSITIVE FOR WINTER OR FOR LONG RANGE CHUCKS.OR TURN THEM RIGHT DOWN AND WAIT FOR THE MAJOR RUN OF SUMMER

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
On the subject does anyone have any second hand delks they want to get rid off, i know its a long shot, unbeliveably I left mine on the bank, didnt realise till about 2 months later as I didnt need them, DOH!

I

Ian Chick

I'm new to fishing, not completely new but new as in not fished for 20 odd years, I see the point of the bite alarms but what are the swingers/hangers for?

No problem, found the answer on the site.

James Hills

Reaction score
why do all of you adults buy so very expensive ones? Ive got one from a sale from tescos. so cheap! only ?6.99 and Ive caught loadsa fish on it and it works perfectly, so why the expense?????

Matt Brown

Reaction score
James, the more money you spend the more reliability, more weatherproofing, adjustability and in some cases, greater control over sensistivity.

As with everything we buy, the prodicts aren't twice as good when you spend twice as much.

Tinca Tinca

Reaction score
Plenty of choice in the Fox range from about ?15 onwards, I would avoid any Dragon stuff, its not serious kit, just built to a price to catch the angler not fish. I cant see the point inwireless alarms. If you want Delkims buy on ebay as you will get no discount, cos if retailers do this they wont be resupplied!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Although I have a set of Delkim TXi Plus I don't yet have the receiver but there's a couple of reasons why I want one;

Firstly, I can turn the volume right down at the indicator head so but I'll know I have a bite because of the vibration from the receiver and a low volume tone. I think that's great if you don't want to annoy other anglers and it also means you only have to lower the volume on the receiver when adjusting your hangers.

Secondly I like the idea of the security feature. If the connection between an alarm and the receiver is broken, for instance if I was asleep in a shelter and someone was trying pinch my alarms, I will alerted at the receiver.

henryk

Reaction score
i know what the reply to this will be but i have to agree james hill. i'm on a budget and bought a pair of perca p1000 bite alarms on ebay for ?6. normally they have been going at 10-15. i rate them as really good and have had know problems with them yet at all after 6 months