so many baitrunners!?

R

Rory Paddle

hello everyone.hope you are enjoying the warmer weather and excited by the sight of bathing carp.wondering if anyone could help,i want to spend 50-70 kwid on a new set of baitrunners and dont know what to go for.had the old daiwa regals for yonks but decided to go fancy a few years back and buy the shimano aero gt 6010s.kept in mint knicka,one of them last season decided to obtain 'argos reel drag sindrome' and give those horrible sudden bursts of line.sent them to shimano to get repaired,they sent them back saying nothing wrong.had them privately looked at too,and again nothing doing.still got the problem and really want them replaced,but dont know what with?looked on WMAC and can get the 6000 re for 50 kwid,but am i going to have the same grief?or the gte for 65?although they're incredibly 'tinny' the daiwas were so basic and reliable im stuck between a rock and a hard place! any quick yes's or no goes would be much appreciated! tight lines.rory

C

Chris Bishop

Don't understand the sudden burst of line thing, can you be a bit more specific..?

R

Rory Paddle

in the end i had to make a quick decision as i was pushed for time(i had my last day of holiday for a fish booked).suprised myself as the reel i liked the feel of the most was an ultima outrunner.its a bit smaller than my 6010s,with a reel old school look to it.been away from buying tackle for a few years and couldnt remember if they are well established in other areas of fishing,and what there reputation was like.well the guy who sold them to me is a real diamonde so if i do have problems,i can get them replaced.had 7 carp between 8 and 11 pound from the river adur in sussex,never fished it before and i've never felt carp go like they did(it floods alot,plus sections are tidle).the reels were ace,front adjusting drag was excellent and with the alluminium spool slowely chimeing as line peeled off,they were all i hoped for.not monsters but at only a rod and a half length accross,and the densest of lilly pads for the fish to rip through,it was an eventfull day,which the reels did fantasticly well to cope with.45 kwid each.

C

carp master

get the shimano get 8000 reels they are the best bait runners you can get

William Foxall

Reaction score
got me the diawa regals 5000bri no probs and i use them for bassing etc, always used diawa, got brave and used the shimano reels, didnt like them won't be buying them again but each to his/her own.

David Craine

Reaction score
I got myself a pair of Okuma Longbows...I have never seen them advertised, or seen any reviews, but they feel as solid as a rock and smooth as silk, they look a bit big for Barbel, but as I fish a Rocky old river (Ribble) they load up well with 15lb line.. no complaints as yet.