A Good Bream tool

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
Bought this rod recently, very impressive bit of kit indeed for the price.(got it for ?64) Three tips: 1.1/2, 2, and 3 oz make it a great medium feeder rod which is very sensitive. Notably, the tips are very visual in pink or green dayglow which is a full 8 inches along each tip. Pleased to say i christened mine with a 7.4 slab which tested the action of the rod, it felt superb and shows bream really do pull back. If anyone is considering a new tip rod, give it a look. Typically for a Drennan rod the finish and fittings are spot on.

Joskin

Reaction score
Spot on Tom.

I use the exact same rod for my Bream fishing. It has plenty of back bone to chuck a big feeder some serious distances and sensitive enough to feel the bream fight every step of the way.

I got mine for around ?30 brand new from ebay.

Beecy

Reaction score
ive been feeling a bit undergunned lately with my 11'6" diawa tip rod I use for bream and have been thinkig about replacing it - I'll give the Drennan a look

Mr. Hughes

Reaction score
Very good rod for the price but the tips are a little bright for my liking

Beecy

Reaction score
I looked at this one and also the series 7 13ft recomended in a review by Mark Hodson.

However, I ended up buying an Abu suveran 12/14ft rod. I dont think they make them anymore, but if anyone sees one at the right price ( mine was ?90, reduced from nearly ?200) then I recomend you buy it as they are superb. I rate mine as one of the best rods ive ever used.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Beecs, Just taken delivery of the same rod from Climax Tackle at the grand price of 79.99 + 8.00 P/P .If it fishes as good as it looks I will be well pleased.RRP was ?220.00 and it looks an absolute steal at the price.

It has 3 tips at 1,1.5 and 2 oz.The 1 0z tip is glass.

The 14ft length is achievable by a dolly section.

Joy of joys , it has a hook keeper ring.

The reel seat is moulded to fit the hand.

The handle is nice and short.

It is rated to cast up to 3 oz.

The rod looks to have plenty of backbone and I suspect it will suit method work on commercials as well as feeder fishing on the rivers.

It is discontinued but they have a few left.I would recommend their service.Ordered late on Saturday and it was with me Tuesday.

Beecy

Reaction score
Bugger !!!

mine was from Climax too, over Xmas, so theyve knocked another tenner off since then !

You wont be disapaointed with it Nigel, I got mine mainly for long range breaming, but as you say, it will come in for lots of other jobs as well