how to make pop up boilies, mainline

justcarp

Reaction score
I was trying for a while to find out a good way how to make your own pop up boiles but did not come across a good one. So now i know i thought i would share my knowledge with you.

For my pop ups I have decided to use Mainline products but you can use supermarket products.

Carp Bait | Ground Bait | Pellets | Mainline Baits

Ingredients:

1 egg = (Produces about 50 boilies depending on the size).

Colorings (Can be left natural colour).

Flavorings.

Polaris pop up mix.

Crack 1 egg into a mixing bowl & mix with a fork (using a fork will be easier then using a wisk).

Add about 20ml of desired flavoring & mix together.

Then add desired colouring & mix further.

Finally slowly add the Polaris pop up mix until the mix no longer sticks to your hands.

Now all ingredients are mixed to a nice consistency, put the mix into a sandwich bag and remove majority of the air and tie into a knot, leave for about an hour.

Its time to roll the mix into your desired size.

After rolling into balls add some water to a pan and bring to a boil.

Boil the balls for about 90 seconds (I Boil around 25-30 balls at a time)

Shhhhhbam now you have pop up boilies :)

Leave to dry out in a warm environment on a baking tray with some kitchen roll for about 4-5 days (Or if making them on the bank, on a bucket lid).

(After leaving them to dry for 4-5 days these pop up boilies can be frozen).

Hope this information is of use to you, just think each one of them pop ups is a carp ;)

As they say 'tighlines'

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
It's easier to make a normal boilie mix and make your pop ups using Cork Balls and wrapping the paste around them, and they are more bouyant. The plus side is you can make Bottom baits aswell to use as loose feed or if you just want to change baits and presentations over.