remote system

JOHN LEE 4

Reaction score
very well put dusty,I can remember back in the good old days before I had indicators
going night fishing and staying awake all night watching washing up liquid tops!!!,but now I,m showing my age

Tony Firth

Reaction score
one thing that really does my head in, why people use alarms on rivers.went down trent couple weeks ago had a lad next to me alarms on full,it must of been his first time on river because he was using 2oz feeder,when he cast out is feeder was bouncing round so is alarms keep on going off.so after an hour of bleep bleep bloody bleep i had to go and sort him out with proper gear..after i did that had a walk up river and almost every angler had alarm. if a barble takes your bait you will no.because you ar sat right under your rods.not like carp fishing..so why?

Malc Bason

Reaction score
What do you mean Tony: "because you ar sat right under your rods.not like carp fishing"?

Is this the start of the lets bash carp fishing and carp anglers season again or something?

I'm beginning to get rather pissed off again.

F

Frothey

we used to have problems with rats chewing the cables on the optonics years ago....

a remote wont make the blindest bit of difference to someone who's going to go for a wander, they'll just turn their buzzers up (or off). its a tool that can be mis-used, but its not the fault of the tool...

Tony Firth

Reaction score
just to let you no i like carp fishing,av got a bivvy plus alarms.but i also like river fishing,you can say am an alrounder. but wot the point of having alarms on rivers?the only tool is the person sat under his rods with alarms on......

JOHN LEE 4

Reaction score
it,s only some irresponsible idiots who seem to think that going for a wander every other hour to see their mates because they could,nt get adjacent swims is the done thing.I,ve been carp fishing for 30years and never had a fish tethered up in snags or whatever.when I used to a lot of 2/3 day sessions I used to have the rods so close to my bivvy I could actually reach them from my bedchair. I,ve wound in peoples rods before now when they,ve gone wandering for no good reason and told them what I,ve done and also reported them to the club or syndicate concerned they usually don,t come back season and bloody good riddance I say.

F

Frothey

how long are your banksticks tony - sounds like they're fished "sutton stylee" LOL!

F

Frothey

thats the point isnt it John, its always the "few" that tarnish the image of everyone. if someone suddenly gave you a remote system, it wouldnt instantly want to make you go for a wander would it?

JOHN LEE 4

Reaction score
yes exactly my point Frothey maybe some so called carp anglers don,t like my attitude towards this kind of behaviour but as far as i,m concerned if I am member of a club or syndicate and I,ve paid good money to be a member then I got every right to say something to these who think their a law unto themselves I don,t like seeing rules that are there for the benefit of the responsible anglers being flouted by these idiots(for want of a better word)I,m sorry if I,m starting to rant a bit here but it
but I just get a bit pissed off about it.

Dusty

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I can see we are virtually of one opinion. It is true that it is a small percentage of people who behave in the irresponsible manner described in this thread. It is a very emotive subject. The club I am in has a large rule/membership book largely filled with rules which I would take for common sense - a gift apparently missing from these unfortunate few annoying persons, but I don't think we should let this become a carp angler bashing session.

JOHN LEE 4

Reaction score
I,m in total agreement with that Dusty the one,s that want bashing if that,s the right expression are the idiots who are getting every decent respectable angler in the country a bad name no matter what type of fishing they do, because these are the ones who get noticed by the anti fishing brigade which in turn jeopardises the future of the sport we love.

Malc Bason

Reaction score
"I,m in total agreement with that Dusty the one,s that want bashing if that,s the right expression are the idiots who are getting every decent respectable angler in the country a bad name no matter what type of fishing they do, because these are the ones who get noticed by the anti fishing brigade which in turn jeopardises the future of the sport we love."

They would never get noticed though if such 'apparent' problems weren't highlighted all the time!

Dusty

Reaction score
They would never get noticed though if such 'apparent' problems weren't highlighted all the time!
You are absolutely right of course but these people are not solely carp anglers, they cut across all disciplines of our sport. Are we not preaching to the converted here, those people that we are talking about are not in the true or any other sense angelers, and really have no place in our club's syndicates etc: all we can do is make representations to the aforementioned bodies and hope they take appropriate action; I must say some seem somewhat reticent to take any acton at all on these issues. In view of the likes of PETA and other anti-angling groups, we all need to make sure we keep our act clean - we cannot rely on the fact that angling is now a large industry to save us from those who would destroy our sport. To risk repeating myself, we need to be very self- vigilant and take decisive action on these types of issues. I too must get off my soap box.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I use alarms on the river. With no problems. Mainly at night in case i drop of. But i am next to the rods not wandering the bank.