remote system

Tony Firth

Reaction score
attx is it worth the money,or something cheaper just as good for fox mmx. plus am getting some new reels,been looking at new fox or shimano 10s.any one got good reports...happy new year and a glass of wine too you all

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Like the 10,000 shimano's not keen on the Fox heard a few bad reports.

can't really comment on the ATTX but what does it offer that the fox does'nt. Then do you need it. I always giggle when you see things like 500yards range. if your that far away you are breaking the law.

Tony Firth

Reaction score
really its nothing about been 500yds away. it does my head in when people have alarms on too load,on the other side of lake,and i think its my alarms.have heard bad reports about fox reel,but as anyone got one to say if its good or not..

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I am sorry but even a olympic athlete would take over a minute to get back to there rods and that is unaceptable in my eyes.

Tony Firth

Reaction score
500yds unaceptable yes,its companys folt. really 30yrds is good, to go for a pee.i bet dean macey can do it in under a minute.............

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The real benefit of alarms/remotes with a great range is that they will more easily transmit and receive the signal through trees and bushes and over hills.

You could be hidden behind a hill or behind bushes, but not far from your rods, getting up to who-knows-what...

clive reynolds

Reaction score
What Graham is saying is absolutely correct.
You have to understand the necessity for the extended operational range and this is simply to guarantee reliability in correct use.
I don't belive any system will work over 500 yds in a raging storm and through thick undergrowth.
As to whether the attx system is any good or not, I'm afraid I have no experience. I can recommend the Delkim's after 2 yesr use.

F

Frothey

the reason i went with the attx is that its a lot neater than most of the others - no extra cables to the tx unit and the rx is small too.

like i said in the review brian, i mainly use it to have the buzzers turned down and the receiver on vibrate, but like Grham says, useful if you are sat back from the rods or if you take an interest in birdlife (hence the vibrate function!)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Not knocking them lads. Just can not understand the logic. If they have a range of 500 yards and you only get 10% effectiveness because your hiding in a concrete bomb shelter thats still 50 yards.

The advertisers put these ranges on to sell them. I heard a story of one lake with a pub at one end were all the outside tables were full of remote systems. I know that this is a extreme story but things like this happen.

JOHN LEE 4

Reaction score
from what I,ve heard the 10000,s are pretty good as you would expect from shimano but the fox,s seem to be having a few problems, baitrunner especially.

F

Frothey

pointless arguement we're having here brian, but if you were looking to buy a system, and one advertised a 5m range and another a 500m range, which would you go for? same price, same specs.

i'd go for the 10k's over the fox anyday....

Dusty

Reaction score
Hi, a very happy new year to one and all.
As far as attx go I have never found that sort of thing of any use, if I can't hear my alarms I am either to far away and I will have a balif asking for my membership book,or dead along with all the other grumpy old misfits. But I do have shimanos and the fox stratos 10000s, and I would have to say go for the shimanos every time.The fox is over enginered as is all to obvios (see the interview Max Cottis in Decembers Carpworld) to much to go wrong and you dont want anything to go wrong when you latch into that big one. The shimanos are time proven.I wish you all you wish yourselves

Malc Bason

Reaction score
A happy new year to you too Dusty.

"I have never found that sort of thing of any use, if I can't hear my alarms I am either to far away......"

Do you night-fish Dusty? If you do, then do you prefer to have the alarms at full volume - disturbing everyone else? I prefer to have the volume turned down on mine and the remote next to me on my bedchair.

Dusty

Reaction score
Hallow Malc. I know where you are coming from on this one.Yes I do a lot of night fishing and like you I have a remote box and my bedchair is rarely more than 3-4 feet away from my rods - if its a nice night even closer - the box is within 6 inches of my ear and like you, turned right down. The club I am in is conscious of the rights of people to fish in peace it does allow radios dvd players etc: but if it can be heard in the next swim you will be told about it and if that has no effect you will get a visit from one of the bailiffs.Personally speaking I prefer a book, but I must say we still get the odd twit who wants to let every one know he has a run and if he is lucky enough to land it proceeds to turn on enough lights to make Blackpool look insignificant. Some people!!!.

F

Frothey

As far as attx go I have never found that sort of thing of any use

Yes I do a lot of night fishing and like you I have a remote box

ermmmm, doesnt that mean you DO have a use for that type of thing then, especially as you have one?

Dusty

Reaction score
Forgive me, but as I understand it, the difference between the ATTX and my remote box is, the former (the ATTX) is a wireless device which allows you to wander anywhere round the lake or river. This one seems to have a particularly impressive range, in fact I wonder how long it will be before it has the ability to ring your mobile phone, then you could leave the country and go on holiday, secure in the knowledge that your carp is safely tethered in some snag or other, and the worst you will have to do on your return is to row, swim or wade out to release it then reel it in and net it, or failing that pull for a break. Conversely the remote box has a wire of about 6 yards coming from it (therefore making it captive I appreciate you could make the wire longer if you wanted but why??),which allows it to be sited close to your ear whilst remaining in your swim, and thus it can be turned right down so as not to disturb your fellow anglers and for you to be able to respond immediately to any activity on your rods. I hope I am not straying to far into the realms of semantics here, but if you need to answer a call of nature or go and have a chat with the other anglers or go and find the fish etc, then I think you should take your baits off your rods to protect the birds or any other animal that may be interested in them and put the hooks in a rod ring and then go and do what you wish to do, safe in the knowledge that you done everything reasonably possible to prevent any harm coming to fish bird or beast, and isn't that exactly what angling is all about?