The bait Bomb anyone used one

paul80

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just seen some interesting video of these BaitBombs being used on YouTube.

Home

Anyone used them, are they as useful as they look. Or is it more stuff to catch more unwary Anglers than fish.

Thanks

paul

paul80

Reaction score
What no body going to admit to using one then :)

Paul

paul80

Reaction score
It does look interesting doesn’t it, might be tempted to send of for one just to give it a go

Paul

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Andy Nellist had one years ago. I reckon if they were any good he'd still be using it, but thte last times I've seen him I haven't seen that.

There was anothe Bait Bomb, but it was a mould for making broundbait so it fitted onto you line and slid down over the leger weight. I bougth one of them and they were pretty useless too.

syhaze

Reaction score
looks like the sbomb thing i saw in reading angling a while back...looked like another bit of kit designed to catch more anglers than fish imo

sam vimes

Reaction score
looks like the sbomb thing i saw in reading angling a while back...looked like another bit of kit designed to catch more anglers than fish imo

The Spomb is an excellent bit of kit. It's certainly caught plenty of anglers. However, just like the standard spod it replaces, it's not going to catch any fish, as such. That doesn't stop it being damned good.

akacrush

Reaction score
Must admit I've never heard of one of these until I saw the thread and then went for a look at their site.

Nice idea but I'm not convinced. The idea that "the bottom is a noisy place..." I just don't buy - I am also a SCUBA diving instructor and have spent a lot of time on the bottom of ponds, the slightest noise has the fish shooting for cover (even the shutter on my camera is enough to spook them). Maybe on an over-stocked carp fishery where the fish are less cautious its a different case, but for most waters I doubt it.

akacrush

Reaction score
I'm suprised Gardener tackle aren't on this for a breach of copyright on the name 'Bait bomb'.

Bait Bomb | | Gardner Tackle

Excellent comment on the Gardener site...
"If your groundbait mix breaks up when casting, try microwaving it for up to a minute to dry it out."

Ok, so who packs a portable microwave cooker (and batteries to run one) with them??
:eek:mg:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought one of these bait bomb things and thought it was just a gimmick...you have been warned!!!

mark

paul80

Reaction score
Which one ? the one in my Post or the Gardner one.

Paul