Alarm Sounder box help

Joskin

Reaction score
Not been on here in ages due to lack of time but im back with a question about sounder boxes that I just cant find the answer to but I am sure some of you guys will b able to help.

I want to find a sounder box to use with my ancient Optonic Super XL's.

I hadnt used them for around 15 years untill last summer when I discovered them in a draw in my garage and decided to dust them off and give um a whirl. They still worked and in my opinion are still way better than many other alarms on the market today.

Anyway I would like to hook them up to a sounder box for the occasional night session but cant remember for the life of me what boxes worked with these alarms. I think the Bi-tech Viper sounder box and leeds worked with them but its just so long Im not sure.

Can anyone advise me of what sounder boxes and leeds I can use with these relics? even better hook me up with one.

firetiger

Reaction score
just a thought ?

why ?

the super xl has a 100 decible speaker lol

your right , the bitec box and leads do work

have a look at a steve neville sounder box , it comes with the leads and im'e sure will work with an xl, the plugs look the same IIRC

Joskin

Reaction score
Thanks for that I will check it out.

Reason why........ Dont want to wake them miserable Carp anglers up every time I get a Tench. lol

Paul B

Reaction score
The Fox XB1 sounder box works with my Optonic special compact alarm. It won't work with the leads for the Micron'M' alarms(stereo 2.5mm plug)though; the optonic i have works with mono 2.5mm leads.
Good fishing do one which is a bit cheaper and with 4 L.E.D.'s herebut i haven't tried it.
I tried to link to one of the sponsored links but none of them did the leads!!