Help with jammed pole section

Terry Reynolds

Reaction score
Help please,

My daughter has managed to get two pole sections jammed,and I mean jammed ,she has put one end in the wrong way so about two foot of section is stuck in the other one,any help to get this sorted would be appreciated

Thanks

E

Evan the Welsh Windbag

There was a pretty definitive article and thread about this about a year ago... search engine isn't that easy to use on here, but will have a look see

E

Evan the Welsh Windbag

sorry can't find it, someone more able with the search engine will no doubt be along soon....

E

Evan the Welsh Windbag

There, what did I tell you Terry... that's the one, a mine of info as usual there Meldrew

W

Wolfman Woody

Ah, you didn't notice the turd on the lawn then, Derek?

I didn't either, even after I'd posted the article. It's NOT mine! I will vouch for that.

brewery boy

Reaction score
Terry, To release stuck sections you could try the following ;-

3 people required NOT 2

1,,,,, Holds one section near the end (opposite to stuck end), and gently pulls

2,,,,, Holds the opposite end of other section again near end, and gently pulls

3,,,, Holds both sections near middle and with aVERY gentle rotating motion (very small rowing motion)should ease the 2 sections apart. Also try tapping the stuck 'joint' with the palm of your hand. REMEMBER 1 & 2 should gently pull!.

The above has allways workedit has never failed YET......let us know if you do it?.

Terry Reynolds

Reaction score
thanks everyone, I have now managed to get them apart,with a combination of the wood gaffer taped, a bit of hairdryer heat, a bit of tapping a bit of wood tapped gently down the end of the pole, and a lot of crossed fingers hoping not to hear the sound of splintering carbon. Lets hope I have as much success in the club match on Sunday but it's probably too much to ask for for me to get two things right in a week!

once again thanks for all your help.

W

Wolfman Woody

I'll chalk up another success then. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif