The Real Deal

Master Baiter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been looking for gear and the cheapest places I can get tackle from are mostly web sites, eBay, Lesleys of Luton and JP Tackle.

Can anyone think of the best deal they have got this year and where they got it from?

JP Tackle is selling Shimano Technium Tournament Carp Line for 19.99 half price.

And Lesleys of Luton have tons on for cheap...

Just to all let you know I am not working for none of these places just buying lots of gear.

Reaction score
It varies, look on the web (do a google search) then go into your local tackle shop and see if they will match it or do a deal, make sure you find out the postage costs as most shops include this in their price match.

Ryan

Master Baiter

Reaction score
Yeah Im finding it is the cheapest. Not so much for smaller tackle which works out cheaper going to your local. Learning fast, still haven't made the big purchase yet (Rods and Reels).

C

Cakey

most tackle shops will do you a deal on rods and reels if not try the next one

Ive just found with the price of fuel etc ebay is slightly cheaper

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Pick your rod and search on ebay. Don't be tempted to go over your budget price 'cos like buses, there'll be another one along soon.

Greys Barbel rod £65 including P&P - ebay

barry dix

Reaction score
In my experience ebay can be alright but even dealers with high turnover and good feedback can sometimes let you down, they might have 99% positive feedback but you could be the unlucky one who’s rod gets lost in the post or arrives with the end broken, which leads to a lot of disappointment. On the other hand if you buy from a local shop you will have the rod in your hand to look at before you buy and can be using it a couple of hours later, and all for an extra five or ten quid.

C

Cakey

Ive had it the other way round ebay very helpful,tackle shop very poor after sales service

Master Baiter

Reaction score
Yeah I have just spent £550 quid on eBay so Im hoping it all goes ok. I have over 700 feedback so I know the score about PayPal disputes and broken items; worth the chance though. I will keep you posted ... cant wait as this is my first batch of tackle I have ever purchased. Some of the little bits arrived today even though I ordered it yesterday. Impressed so far...

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I have to admit I have seen far to many people buy second hand tackle for more money that you could get the same item brand new from a numebr of online shops. The best bargains are alway had on the large fishing website where tackle is always very keenly priced.

My last purchases

3 Century NGs immaculate £300.00

3 Delkim TXI pluses with RX pro receiver £310.00

Daiwa basia brand new £180.00

Shiamno XTE-A 5000 BNIB £40.00

BNargain deals all best part of half price. Ebay sorry its just far to exspencive IMHO