12ft Drennan Puddle Chucker Waggler

Watto

Reaction score
Could anyone advise if it's possible to get a new top section for my Puddle Chucker waggler rod that for some reason snapped whilst fishing this evening?

Watto

Reaction score
That's the plan for tomorrow, just pre-empting a negative response from tackle shop!! Also, I can't seem to find an e-mail address for "Drennan", I was going to find out if they would supply a top section?

Watto

Reaction score
I was fast on the bottom and pulling for a break, applying some pressure but not enough to get the result I got. A double figure carp in the margins would have worked it harder I'm sure. Looking at where it let go I think there must have been a fault in the blank??

Morespiders

Reaction score
sounds like it mate, just take it back and see what happens, i have one great rod, shame about the break

Watto

Reaction score
Cheers bud, the other half aint too pleased as she bought it for my birthday in July. I'll pop a post on to let you know the outcome.

Watto

Reaction score
Tackle shop said it was caused by mishandling, I know different but difficult to prove!! Ordered new top section, £35.00 + p&p

Tommo!

Reaction score
Sounds like a harsh verdict.

I've broken one rod (car boot) and the tackle shop replaced it no problem. I guess they would just send it back to the manufacurer.

Do you have a good rapport in the shop or is it one of those that they ignore you until it is time to pay?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Watto, send it back to Drennan with an accompanying letter explaining, a lot of companys are pretty sympathetic .

Also send your reciept with it or get another bill,

was it paid for by card ?if so they usually give 12 months garantee?.

Watto

Reaction score
Tommo

Tackle shop staff are generally ok and helpfull. Their play on it was because the break showed signs of whiskers of carbon the break was not clean henceattributable to mishandling! If the break had been clean they would have accepted it was a fault in the blank and would have been replaced FOC.

Morespiders

Good point about card guarantee, it was paid for by card, should try out the system and see if it works!

Tommo!

Reaction score
That would really p"ss me off.

When I have broken Drennan quiver tips (carbon), they have always splintered, just something that carbon does in my limited experience.

Anyone else?

On another note, when I pull for a break I always point the rod at the offending snag and walk the rod backwards. This puts all the pressure on the line not the rod.

A bit horse and stable door I know.

Watto

Reaction score
Yeah, horse is long gone now so just have to go along with it. Deffo point and pull from now on!!!