Chair....but not a low one

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm looking for a chair with a seat that's a bit higher off the ground. I have a very nice Fox Sub-Lo but I'd like one that's a bit higher/more upright for longer sessions but I dont want some great heavy brute. Nor do I want a bedchair or a gizmo chair. It will be used on stillwaters only...I have a chair for rivers. I'd rather not spend a fortune.

This is intended to be a "squad" chair for those days when I'm likely to be spending a lot of time in it. I've long legs and I'd like to be sat a bit more upright than the Sub Lo allows though it remains my favourite ever chair.I've found a couple which look like the sort of thing I think I'm after. I'm perfectly happy with arms on my chairs though I know some people dont like them...I do.

Fox Warrior Arm Chair
Wychwood Solace Recliner

Trouble is I've not seen either in any shop I've ever been in. I think I might have sat in the Fox [or its predecessor] at a Game Fair once. It was pretty good as I recall.

Anybody any experience of either of these...or any other suggestions ?

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I use korum chairs but replace the standard legs with Preston telescopic legs so you can have the chair as high as you like But at about £30 for a set of four they are not cheap.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Depends on what you consider lightweight. Most of the big, tall, high backed chairs aren't exactly light. However, some aren't as heavy as you might imagine. One of the biggest snags is that the published weights, even from a single manufacturer, often aren't particularly reliable. I love my Nash Hi-Back, it's damned comfy. Though it's no lightweight, it never feels as heavy as it looks. However, I won't be lugging it for miles on the river any time soon.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be particularly lightweight as it will almost certainly be on a trolley wherever it goes. My Nash [not Fox] Sub Lo is said to be 6kg and that is fine...the standard Fox warrior is said to be 5.4 kg so about the same. I can manage that.

Oddly enough the Daddy Long legs which my mate Big Phil has is said to weigh 8 kg...ie only a few pounds more than my chair but to me [and him] it weighs a bloody ton.

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
I have the nash daddy long legs and it is heavy but very comfy, if I am going more than a hundred yards I just us the barrow. My light chair is the JRC X lite, this is very light (3kg I think), comfy and the legs extend to give a reasonable seat height.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have the nash daddy long legs and it is heavy but very comfy, if I am going more than a hundred yards I just us the barrow. My light chair is the JRC X lite, this is very light (3kg I think), comfy and the legs extend to give a reasonable seat height.

I have the Nash Daddy Long Legs too and very comfy it is. Only downside that I found is that if you fish under a a shelter and you are tall you end up cocking your head to one side and looking like Joey Deacon.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon"]Joey Deacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Not very PC I am afraid.

jacksharp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got the Korum Supa Lite and that's as low as they get, but it clips on to my Korum Ruckbag and it's nice and light for river roving with fully adjustable legs. There's nearly always a trade-off in comfort v weight and I don't like "high" chairs or chairs with arms. :)

Tough as old boots us Northerners! :thumbs:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
I find this hard to believe but I was down Bury Hill today trying hard to not blank [and failing] and the first bloke I walked past had one of my short listed chairs...the Fox Warrior. I had a go and damn me it is exactly what I'm looking for and comfortable too. Interestingly he had the XL version which was nice & roomy but didn't look that big at all. Weight was OK too.Sold !