Cheap additive

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the cheapest bait additive and the most important is common sense.

sagalout

Reaction score
How is that a bait additive?
Basically you add it to your bait, thus making it a bait additive. Simples. Whats up then, haven't you got enough posters to argue with?

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

cheapest bait additive and the most important is common sense
What flavours are available?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Basically you add it to your bait, thus making it a bait additive. Simples. Whats up then, haven't you got enough posters to argue with?

It all depends how adventurous you are I have used anchovy fillets and caught on them I am a bit stayed myself but I think it is best to be less than more. When I was carp fishing I had a additive that a friend of mine got for me and it smelt like Parma violets I used it for years and caught fish on it fairly consistently do not know for the life of me what it was but it was good for me. A very odd smell for a fish bait I thought at the time it was mid 70s and I used it exclusively till 92 when I stopped carp fishing.

richiekelly

Reaction score

If your so smart tell me how you can add common sense as an additive to a bait, if it had been said using common sense when adding additives that's different, actually I though your link was a good one and was considering getting some.

Have you read post#2 ?

sagalout

Reaction score
I am sorry Blanker I misunderstood your post to be asking how fish sauce is a bait additive hence my response. This does show how easy it is for a misunderstanding to arise.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know one thing if you do not use common sense when making up a bait it could turn out to be a wasted effort. Pesto paste is worth a go plenty of variety also had a go with lumpfish roe John west tinned in squid purses for cats.

laguna

Reaction score
If you are not worried by sell by dates have a look for similar bargains at The biggest online seller of close to, and past, best before date food and drink. | Approved Food Well worth a punt for some 'new' supermarket baits.
Good link, good price, good shop :thumbs: and this Lyles Golden Syrup Maple 20g | Approved Food (Lyles Golden Syrup Maple 20g)
a good steal at 19p - its not real maple its flavoured, but probably tastes divine and would make a damn good diluted sticky pellet coating... sprinkle on some fishmeal powder it would be like glitter falling from a Xmas card!
(My favourite up-in-the-water summer time method)

Maple flavour syrups (various artificial imitations) are mostly made with fructose corn syrup and caramel flavouring and is sometimes made with fenugreek.