Head torch, a cheap recommendation...

B

binka

I recently bought one of these and used it on a night session...

Xpert Headtorch - Korum, Fishing Made Easy

I will say that I originally intended to use it for the walk back after dusk on the river through thick over-growth and after using it recently on a shake down it performed remarkably well for the grand sum of £10.99.

The white LED on full power easily illuminated the bankside on a stillwater a good twenty or thirty yards away and the half setting was also good for faffing about unhooking fish.

I wondered at first what the red LED was for but quickly cottoned on that red doesn't need any re-adjusting of the eyes in the dark (which is supposed to take up to thirty minutes after contact with bright artificial light) and it was more than adequate for re-baiting etc.

I still haven't figured out what the flashing red LED mode is for other than to ward off everything but alien craft and the buttons can be a bit fiddly until you get used to them but...

I really can't fault it for the money, it does what you need it to do and very well.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
The flashing red is for the bike-ride home. Not sure it's a good idea; as soon as you turn your head to look behind you, the driver behind thinks you've gone...

greenie62

Reaction score
The flashing red is for the bike-ride home. Not sure it's a good idea; as soon as you turn your head to look behind you, the driver behind thinks you've gone...

.... if its Binka - I think he has! :D

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

...... flashing red LED mode is for ........... alien craft ...
Mind you - he could be watching out for the alien craft following him! ;):eek:

derwentbob

Reaction score
The flashing red LED is because the torch has the same innards as a few mountain sports models. The flashing mode is used for indicating location at night - nothing in the usual mountain environment gives off red light so it can be seen fairly easily. Ordinary white LEDs can sometimes be mistaken for reflected moonlight and vice versa.

greenie62

Reaction score
The flashing red LED is because the torch has the same innards as a few mountain sports models.

Thanks Bob,
Now I know why these montain Bikers ride like loonies - they're being chased by alien craft! :eek:
Dee da dee da dooh! ;)

souliedave

Reaction score
Energiser, My son got me one from Tesco, for Fathers Day, £12, 3 White and One Red LED's, Already have one with 2 White and One Red LED, I'm Happy with them. :)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I hate headtorches...a proper PITA in my opinion. They are too bright,give me a headache and I am sick to death of inconsiderate numpties who shine them in my eyes and/or swim when looking for their beer. :mad:

I carry one but I prefer my cap with built in [toned down] LEDs. That only ever goes on for rebaiting and landing a fish if I really can't see it.